What makes this forum so pleasant?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by jaybean, 15th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Because it is easier to ignore it and continue to watch netflix and enjoy the moment than worry about the furture where they think the government will "take care" of them, as if the society owes them.

It is easier to just be on facebook and reading rubbish than picking up a good book. Easier to play games than go to a educational seminar. Easier to just go in and out of a 9 to 5 job and work for someone else than work for themselves.

Bayview likes this.
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yep. Easier for the now.

Sackie likes this.
  3. trinity168

Yeah. And that is scary.

None of us have a crystal ball. On our part, at least we are having a go ...

MTR, Bayview and Sackie like this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

:) glad I have you guys and gals!!

:)
    Screenshot_2016-01-19-17-17-44.png
    And my colleague who needs help with EVERYTHING (close to zero Analytical skills) has just gone on holidays for 4 weeks. :)
    Happy days... :)

Biz, Eric Wu, MTR and 3 others like this.
  5. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I'm set then;

*Have no friends,
    *Family lives miles and miles away, and converse spasmodically,
    *Don't know a single neighbor (except occasionally get corralled at the front gate by a nutty old bloke who lives around the corner, but walks past our house every few days, and loves a chat o_O).

:p

Perthguy and Sackie like this.
  6. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

BV, are you sure Dazz didn't change states and move in around the corner? I'm sure he used to like his walks...

Bayview likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I also know people that just plod along in life, decent jobs, double income and plan to retire on whatever they end up with in Superannuation.

At the end of the day not everyone wants to buy property etc etc.
    Some people just prefer to live in the moment and perhaps they see property investing as too much work for too little gain.

When you consider that most investors are negatively geared, there are sacrifices to be made and unless you strategize with property and buy at the right time etc etc, its a very long road and the yields generally are not that great. Imagine buying in Sydney with I think 3% yields.

I am not poo poo'ing property investment but I do believe that not everyone is cut out for it and some people may do way better just investing in super, or another asset class that provides better returns.
    Just my opinion.

MTR:)

8. trinity168

Agree @MTR , different folks, different strokes. I have a colleague, smart, earns good income. I remember hearing him say, " I'm not cut out to be a landlord". I didn't have him expound on it, but yeah.

I think the main thing is, don't ever think that the government will take care of you and give you a pension.

MTR likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, different strokes for different folks.

There is also a strategy where people retire on a part pension and $300K in super.

MTR:)

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.