What makes this forum so pleasant?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by jaybean, 15th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

See here's the thing. Imo being successful at anything is not contingent on never being wrong or not making mistakes. I have been wrong and made plenty of 'mistakes' along the way but my overall trajectory is still heading undeterred towards my goal. The key is to understand your situation, use prudent risk mitigation measures and make the best decisions you can at the time .

The economy is going to do what it's going to do and all we can do as investors is prepare, mitigate, adjust, tweak and redraw plans to keep moving forward.

teetotal, Perthguy, BigKahuna and 4 others like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

That is the agenda for everyone at least that is what I thought
    Barnes is just stating the obvious.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ohhhh no. I was a little naive to once believe that everyone's agenda here was to build wealth.

It ain't.

Last edited: 18th Jan, 2016
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Read more of his posts and what he has been doing then you may get a better idea.

Anyway back to how pleasant the forum is...:)

5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

... Because everyone can throw banter and disagree and be intelligently sarcastic, however so far no name calling or shooting the messenger? :D

Anyone cooking apple pie from scratch these days?

MTR likes this.
  6. 212

212 Guest

I think the meetups played a big role in making this forum pleasant to me. I was able to see and talk to people posting here. I remember my first Sydney meetup I went to around a year ago. @skater found that I am new to the meetup, she came and introduced herself and people sitting on the table and did her best to keep me involved in the discussions. People who own very strong portfolios are very down to earth, and happy to share their stories, and what mistakes to avoid.

7. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

there are still chooks crossing the road in inner brisbane.

MTR likes this.
  8. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

I love this forum for one reason. I get to talk to people who are interested in the same things as me :)

Bayview likes this.
  9. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I think almost all folks are.

Speaking for myself - and there are several others; this forum encompasses a number if things; the discussions for building wealth, and the chance to talk about a wide range of social, economic, domestic and international etc issues with folks of great resources, great intelligence, some with very strong opinions, and some with very interesting things to add.

You can take out as much or as little as you like.

10. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I agree Barnes
    I also know that you have a wider focus and world view of the economy which cannot be accepted by those who view real estate as a means to save them from their jobs so that they can retire.

People view real estate not as a business but as a sport and if you are not on their team you are against them.

People get attacked here for being optimistic about what they learned when things went wrong.

It's a great forum if you ignore the trolls and only interact with people you like.

I love your views, but happy to hear them over coffee :)

Beanie Girl, MTR and BigKahuna like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

The forum is big enough for everyone just respect each other and the forum will be a better place it's that simple.

MTR:)

Iamnumber5, Xenia and BigKahuna like this.
  12. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

I agree with you there. The low lying fruit has been picked. Investors how have to be smarter to reach the fruit at the top of the tree. People now have to work a bit harder to make money from property. But it's still possible. I wouldn't do anything else, because it's what I've grown up with and it's what I know.

Iamnumber5, Perthguy, Sackie and 3 others like this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BK

Same here.

I welcome comments with regards to information on our economy, markets etc etc we all need to look at the big picture and market sentiment is very important and negative news in the media regarding the economy has in the past had a negative impact on the property markets.

MTR:)

BigKahuna, Xenia and Gockie like this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree with you @BigKahuna. There are still diamonds on branches a little higher. Just have to have the skill, motivation and courage to reach for them.

TBH i dont really see what some of this drama is about. Someone stated an opinion and i responded my views/opinions back. No insults or attacks. Was simple really.

With regards to the topic, what makes this forum pleasant'... for me its meeting and getting to know some of the people on here who i identify with and share similar beliefs/outlooks. I have also met some great consultants on this forum who have helped me along my journey when I engaged their services. Thats what its about for me. Meeting some great people and making great business contacts to hopefully share resources/ideas etc. Also offering back my 1.5 cents to newbies at times.

BigKahuna, MTR and Xenia like this.
  15. Hanison

Hanison Well-Known Member

For the most part we are all working towards a common goal and using a common interest as that vehicle.

For the most part in my experience human beings are eager and willing, when asked, to share experiences and to lend a helping hand.

I believe it is not in a human beings genetic sequence to want to see people suffer loss and hardship or to sprook evil. Although abnormalities do occur. I don't believe they occur here on PC/SS.

I find this forum a warm and pleasant experience. A gold mine of information and many times I have received that light bulb moment.

' you don't know, what you don't know'

Is a term I've seen touted a number of times on these forums.

The first time I saw that it really resonated with me. As a person that is continually striving to become better I'm always eager to seek new information. Information changes situations because I'm firm believer that.

What I don't know, I can learn and as I learn, I therefore grow.

Thank you to all contributors of these forums. The information contained within these web pages is truly invaluable and can save many newcomers and even old hats from a mountain of sleepless nights.

WattleIdo, MTR, Eric Wu and 5 others like this.
  16. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I question "a lot". I question "realistic".

I very much doubt that "a lot of participants" don't post here any more.

I know of one who does not and his posts were not "realistic views" at all. Not even close.

There are many posters whos posts are not fuelled by overwhelming optimism. Actually, now I would say the majority.

This forum is not the same as others like that. Have you heard of whirlpool? There is no comparison between this forum and that forum.

THX likes this.
  17. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I think something that makes the forum so pleasant is that people who join a property forum and post hundreds of posts that are openly hostile towards property investors are shouted down and leave the forum. IMO, being hostile towards property investment and joining a property forum to "educate" property investors about how evil they are is just ridiculous. The forum is a lot more pleasant when trolls are kept to a minimum.

Angel, MTR, WattleIdo and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bayview

This is probably a waste of time because I'm no doubt on the ignore list; but I'll ask it anyway for the sake of the others who might benefit;

Why put folks on ignore?

Can't understand that mentality.

Worth remembering for the newbs; you can disagree with folks here, and simply not enter into conversations with them rather than put them on ignore.....

But; I have found that every single person here that I have had a disagreement with has had some gems of wisdom to offer that I have learnt from.

You are cutting off your nose to spite your face IMO.

Eric Wu, Hanison and Random Username like this.
  19. Bayview

Wrong; they provide me with hours of entertainment in my empty life.:p

Angel likes this.
  20. Random Username

Random Username Well-Known Member

Kinda like burying your head in the sand unless they log out and have a peek.

Must be a mindset thing.

WattleIdo, Perthguy and Bayview like this.