What landlord orders to select to evict a non-payment tenant?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by htopg, 8th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. htopg

htopg Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am helping my landlord friend to evict a (frequent) non-payment tenant.
    Besides non-payment for 3 weeks, the tenant also destroyed properties (broken windows, punched walls, piled of garbage in the garden), caused nuisances to neighbours, and allowed more people to stay.
    I told him to apply for court order based on frequent non-payment of rent, because all others require proof.
    I am helping him to apply for tribunal online.
    https://online.ncat.nsw.gov.au/Application/Orders.aspx

What landlord orders should he get at least?
    * My friend has sent termination notice due to non-payment of rent on 8/4/2016 and it asked tenant to vacate on 22/4/2016 and tenant failed to vacate.

I found that the following 3 are relevant, but I am not sure which ones are appropriate.

1. Termination of residential tenancy agreements - Section 87 - A termination order where the tenant has breached the residential tenancy agreement for example non payment of rent. The termination date is xx/xx/xx.

2. Termination of residential tenancy agreements - Section 95 - An order for possession where the residential tenancy agreement has terminated and an occupant has not vacated

3. Termination of residential tenancy agreements - Section 187(1)(i) - A termination order or an order for the possession of premises

Thanks in advance.

Elives likes this.
  2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Probably 1 and 3. Its not like you need to be super formal and precise about the orders sought in this situation though.

3. htopg

htopg Well-Known Member

Can #1 and #3 be applied at the same time?

In the following article, it says that
    A termination order ends the tenancy and specifies the day by which you must give vacant possession.
    Factsheet 10: Landlord ends agreement - Tenants NSW

4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

If you want. I doubt it makes any difference. They're pretty much the same thing.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Best advice you could give your friend is use a solicitor for advice.
    They do it faster, better and with experience.

You get a eviction wrong and it gets worse.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia