What kind of tech is missing in the property industry?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by sullo, 10th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Property management software is outdated. If it was good it would:
    - Be free to agents to use to drive this through to owners who would subscribe to add on features
    - Integrate with owners (cloud) so they can add their own outgoings, when paid. Private to them.
    - Allow owners to have a portfolio view rather than an property manager driven view of each property. ie agent doesnt drive it. Agent is a user.
    - Manage and show property management issues eg inspection reports, live account and arrears
    - Agent trust account linked (if needed) or stand alone to owner account for non-agent property
    - Commercial and resi and even strata manager layers eg Levies due etc
    - Report to the ATO and prefill annually (ATO would love it)
    - Include lease and other documents (pay for use)
    - Allow non-cash costs like QS to be entered by owners
    - Allow loan details and repayments so the owner can look at cashflows
    - Allow owners to approve outgoings
    - Include a tenancy area where tenants can see account and pay, submit requests etc
    - Repair bidding by "approved" licensed trades subject to owner / agent approvals. Allow work to be "bid" by postcode or area for some competitive pricing. eg platform can be its own HiPages.
    - Have integration with land tax somehow even if it was a copy paste transfer API
    - Allow postcode mapping of all owner data to guide and support buying and selling and rental issues for owners and agents. eg % availability, std rent ranges etc
    - API with short stay sites like Airbnb etc.

Piston_Broke likes this.
  2. DevD

DevD Well-Known Member

Can you please share this if possible ?

Thanks alot for sharing this info.

It would be really great if there was a "save this message" button next to each comment (like the "like" button) which can be accessed by the user on their account page. For people who are trying to educate themselves, learn from experts like you and collect information, this feature would be handy. :)

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I usually "watch thread" or just bookmark the post on my browser.

The Y-man

5. Christian_Baumann89

Christian_Baumann89 Active Member

I love the work the guys over at Simplywallstreet do...

I would say Research Hub | Picki is the closest thing to it for property investment.

Sackie likes this.