What is wrong with the greens?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Fleming, 18th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

You need new glasses. You seem to miss attacks against me.

BigKahuna and Esel like this.
  2. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I just read all the replies on this thread. What attacks against you?

(1) your first personal swipe on this thread. Telling people that "it shows" that they only read stupid stuff.

(2) telling people they need to "read more"

(3) telling people they are "12 year" olds for not agreeing with you.

(4) telling me I need "glasses."

Nothing massive by the usual standards of the internet. But just an all round horrible attitude to have in a debate. An attitude that makes even those on the fence just naturally want to side against you.

Take for example: would you be more likely to engage in meaningful conversation with someone who says (1) "oh mate I dont really agree with you hey. I get where you are coming from but have you considered ....a....b....c..." OR (2) "Look it shows that all you ever read is stupid stuff. Maybe read a bit more so you arent so ignorant. Your ideas are like a 12year olds. You miss so much stuff you need to get yourself glasses".

Anyway I dont know. Maybe its just me. But when I get spoken to like that I just disengage and poke fun. Because whats the point of actually listening to someone who is talking to you like dirt? In fact blocking that stuff out is a good habbit to get into.

Anyway maybe I did miss a personal insult against you? Would be good to see what triggered your attitude.

Perthguy, Hoffy, The Falcon and 3 others like this.
  3. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

HUGH72 likes this.
  4. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what The Green's policies are. I think they would too because nothing that I can find resembles a policy. Perhaps because i'm a strawman with multiple degrees and extensive international business experience i'm missing something...

It is really simple regarding drug dogs. Don't carry drugs and you'll be fine. And so what if a dog detects something on your clothes that ultimately is incorrect, mistakes happen and if there is a plausible explanation then generally it's all fine. Carrying on like a twat about drug dogs and civil liberties... FFS you're not in Syria.

And now about Syria, the only thing repugnant is The Green's and your support of them. I tell you what, call me the next time you want to do any humanitarian work over there or anywhere in the middle east. I'll give you some advice from my personal experience in Syria keeping my staff motivated and inspiring them to be proud of a great project that we all accomplished, when their country was tearing itself apart at the start of the civil war. Or project that we ran in Palestine that also made all the local staff so proud of the work the whole team accomplished. No one from The Green's called me to give me advice or help me out...

Yesterday I spent the entire day doing bush maintenance in Sydney's finest national park and on an ajoining private property. We moved logs and vines off firetrails so the Rural Fire Service and National Parks can get their vehicles safely through plus other trail maintenance and creek management activities. I didn't run into anyone from The Green's during the whole day. Where were they? Another pair of hands would have been great. That's because they were in Newtown smelling each others farts and smoking bongs.

@LibGS , you're probably a nice person who means well. Both of us have differing views which is also fine in a democratic nation. I think though my views more broadly reflect the Australian majority because my views are generally echoed by the two major political parties which the majority of our people vote for, not The Green's.

T.C., Ted Varrick and D.T. like this.
  5. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

Why would the anyone find police and sniffer dogs on trains intimidating? Will the dogs bite and the police assault when the dogs single out a potential drug trafficker? Would the ensuing scuffle traumatise sensitive and sheltered passengers? Are these potential cons outweighed by the pros of diligence to clear drugs and vandalism from the trains? Perhaps, my simplification is pedestrian and fundamental rights are being attacked.

The nuances of this complex situation can perhaps be appreciated more readily by one who has developed highly analytical skills, socially advanced critique skills, morally aligned, with matching academic qualifications and mandate. Enter the G....

D.T. and HUGH72 like this.
  6. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

Here is an example for Greens to improve their green credentials in enhancing the living environment.

I have been walking the established tracks surrounding the suburbs of Canberra. Noticeably in the carparks at the commencement of some of these tracks are scattered patches of shattered glass, tell-tale signs of car break-ins. I am acutely aware as my car also fell victim.

Why not install self-maintaining surveillance cameras on poles as deterrence against such vandalism? The cameras can be solar powered, record on movement activation, and rewrite in endless loop to its own memory chip. When there is a crime near the post, the images from the chip can be retrieved from the camera to assist the police with their enquiry, resulting in prompt identification and apprehension of the culprit.

7. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Same can be said for the ALP and LNP atm.

sanj and Perthguy like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I love the greens.

upload_2016-3-21_9-53-21.png

JDP1 and alexm like this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Because they are gonskie alamonskie.

So many peope are sooo gone nowadays its not funny.

Francesco likes this.
  10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

^^^ this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia