What is the significance of auction clearance rates

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Whitecat, 12th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree with you, as long as other indicators and data corroborate each other. Otherwise isolating 1 indicator and making decisions based on that is very dangerous. imo.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, culturally it's still a foreign method of selling there IMO but over time it has become more common. I think for median priced stuff its a turn off for prospective purchasers as problems like termites etc are such a problem in Brisbane.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

upload_2015-12-14_9-14-8.png

So going by the stats, the period which property actually went backwards (which sold at auction, being a very small sample of all property sold), was limited to a very short period. If this was the case, those who would have been most affected would have been those involved in flips who bought and sold in this very short timeframe, even so, prices retracted by only a few % over a much shorter period than the periods of growth.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

You'd expect that to be the case in a system where market regulators target permanent/ongoing price inflation. Though as debt levels increase relative to incomes this target will become more difficult to achieve.

5. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

I believe the significance is to human psychology.
    I think people get scared when clearance rates drop.

Sackie likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I would say 50% the battle is to understand that psychology of the crowd/herd and use it your advantage in almost every way possible. It's really a high stakes poker game. Experienced/knowledgeable investors will generally end with good-great results.

Imagine playing poker with quite often a group of people who don't even realise 1. They are in the game and 2. don't understand the rules.

7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

That's useful to know

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia