What interest rate are you paying?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Roosterman, 26th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Roosterman

Roosterman Well-Known Member

Also remember that the discounts are not advertised. So ANZ's rate of 5.38% may not appear that sharp compared to the smaller lenders, but you need to factor in discounts of .7 - 1.25%+ on their professional package

2. tonyc00

tonyc00 Member

Hi
    I'm thinking of going back to westpac for an additional IP loan.

At present I'm receiving a discount of 1.3% making the rate 4.14%. Can anyone confirm if they have recently obtained a similar discount / rate from westpac, or has westpac now reverted back to the 0.7% standard discount (following advice from apra to cool down property lending).

Thanks

Tony

3. fols

fols Well-Known Member

I've heard max discount for new Westpac IP loans is 1.1%. I had an offer of a 1.4% prior to the latest changes

4. Mick C

Mick C Well-Known Member

Max 1.1 if you have current PPOR with them and even than it's case by case...
    1 If you only have IP and over $1m.

If your after a "low rate" and dont care about policy and loan order...than i wont mix IP with the Big 4 in the same sentence..

5. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

My Relationship Mgr at Westpac mentions a rate review of my portfolio with them in conjunction with a PPOR land/build of $0.5m. I am looking for comments from the mortgage brokers here on my situation or what I can expect from another lender. Email me direct if necessary.

Existing loans with Westpac:
    4 x IPs $1.43m loans IO 4.48-4.69% collateralised, LVR 80%. All in joint names except one in HDT.

The discount is 1% but the HDT is for $0.44m and I understand is hard to find a lender.

To consider next month (and maybe even the existing loans):

$0.5m land/build PPOR. The manager considered the recent changes will not affect their prequalified loan about 5 months ago, as it is a 'strong' deal.

6. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    [QUOTE="Roosterman, post: 6494, member: 1010"

Due to the latest APRA changes it may not be so easy to obtain additional discounts, but I would be interested to see how 4.13% compares to what other investors are paying.....[/QUOTE]

I think you'll find that almost all lenders have ceased just about any form of discounting beyond their advertised rates, for I/O debt. P & I debt is a different story entirely, as lenders seek to rebalance their heavily overweight books with more P & I debt.
    In other words, you wont likely get any more I/O debt from ANZ @ 1.25 below SVR , nor will you get it anywhere else. Even the non banks, who are quite well placed rate wise, have increased I/O debt by 10bpts generally speaking. This is one of the changes APRA's intervention has imposed upon the market; the others being LVR and servicing related. Money is still very cheap though - just not quite as cheap and much harder to get, especially for those already substantially geared.

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Now; 4.5% with CBA.

In about 60 days - ZERO!! yeehaa

(temporary until the next investment)

8. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

4.3% with CBA. LVR at 80%.

I keep pushing for more but they seem reluctant. A recent small re-fi of $100k is on a bit more (4.5% I think) and they aren't budging on it.

Blacky

9. Roosterman

Roosterman Well-Known Member

And it looks like I'll now be paying 4.4%, up from 4.13% for IP loans. Thanks ANZ, that's awesome

10. Jonril

Jonril New Member

CBA 4.45% on 600k 1% discount last I checked.

APRA changes? Does this refer to average mortgage risk weight changes? ...sorry I've been on autopilot for several years.

11. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    You may need to edit the question to "what interest rate WERE you paying?" :)

12. mja

mja Well-Known Member

I managed to get a 1.1% discount on only 390k of borrowings with ANZ. Since then, I've moved two loans over (~$80k and $110k) and only getting 0.6% discount on these. Breakfree package; 10 years IO for the two new loans.