What impact will 600,000+ people withdrawing super have on the markets?

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by Ozbargain, 10th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My understanding is yes, but I'm no taxation accountant.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

The anti-avoidance provisions meant the ATO could deny a deduction, for something otherwise normally deductible, if
    a) it is a scheme, with
    b) the dominant purpose of a creating a tax saving.

3. ALT

ALT Well-Known Member

Also applied for the early access to super while on stand Down. Applied yesterday for 10k withdrawal , text came through today from ATO with payment to be paid into my nominated account within 5 working days.
    I’ll be doing something similar to Codie, As I can put this tax free money to work now.
    Besides next time I withdraw super there will likely be a Covid19 Super withdrawal tax attached to it anyhow.

wilso8948 and Codie like this.
  4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

hi mate yes thankfully they reduced my hours to 30hrs from the full time 38 so technically that’s a reduction of more than 20%

I’ve also had tenants in writing say they will only be paying $130 a week less than agreed (I haven’t agreed to it)

So Even though I have some savings technically I qualify. I’ve also applied for mortgage holidays which I plan to bank in the offset over the next 3 months, pay down the PPR split and re borrow and do the same. I should be able to DCA around $100k into VAS by early 2021 whilst also being fairly tax effective

all of this of course is best case scenario providing the rent doesn’t completely stop & I do in fact finally get stood down.

wilso8948 likes this.
  5. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

great news mate

Codie likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia