What hold does Russia have over Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 17th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Unbiased and validated links would be good - I call BS as Mueller is a Republican with nothing to lose by telling the truth

2. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Key figure that Mueller report linked to Russia was a State Department intel source

This call was edited by Mueller to make it look much worse than what it was
    Judge releases Trump attorney voicemail reviewed by Mueller

A long list of lies, based on a report of lies the FBI knew was false, that Comey presented to a FISA judge as being true.

State Department's red flag on Steele went to a senior FBI man well before FISA warrant

Hillary Clinton's Russia collusion IOU: The answers she owes America

on and on and on

Last edited: 7th Jun, 2019
    MTR likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

You know what - this interview affected me so profoundly that I can't be bothered "discussing" with people I don't know about the nuances and biases of links that are often BS ... and am now seriously concerned with what happens next

argue amongst yourselves

LibGS and Propagate like this.
  4. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

You're quoting John Solomon, whose Wikipedia article contains the line: 'He is known for biased reporting in favor of conservatives, and of repeatedly manufacturing faux scandals', and who regularly appears on Hannity.

Lizzie and geoffw like this.
  5. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I quoted Dr. Suzuki in my wedding speech, he is an inspiration on how to live a good life.

Propagate and Lizzie like this.
  6. CowPat

CowPat Well-Known Member

"Speaking at Justice Department headquarters in Washington, D.C., Wednesday morning, a visibly nervous Robert Mueller told reporters that he found no evidence of collusion with Russia, but then appeared to invent a new, extrajudicial standard for innocence in the United States."

Guilty till proven innocent

MTR likes this.
  7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Would you like to link you source please - as everything Mueller has strongly and eloquently said (and written) to date has solidly said the exact opposite

8. Piston_Broke

Why make fake accusations when you have nothing to add to the topic?
    I am not quoting anybody.
    My quote is based on the FBI documents that have been released and the IG investigation report.
    One source is the many docs that Judicial Watch had to sue to get released.

The information is out there in the public but people choose to ignore it.
    So as the fake news get quashed one bit at a time, the real news stars to surface.

Maybe you don't know how a legal system works.
    People are NOT exonerated by trial (of any type) or investigations.
    Guilt must be proven by the accuser.
    If no guilt can be proven, the accused is innocent.

Nowhere has Mueller hinted that there was any proof of Russian influence over Trump in the election.
    Those who were charged were not charged for Russian interfearence in the elections. I can post all the docs if you like, but they are not hard to find.
    All the "smoking guns" have proven wrong.

CowPat and MTR like this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Oh but there is proof of obstruction.

Perp likes this.
  10. Piston_Broke

Firing Comey for doing what anyone else would've gone to jail for?

MTR likes this.
  11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Read the report.

You posted an outlandish statement in quotation marks. Simply asked the source of the quote.

Perp and LibGS like this.
  12. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

Sorry, I assumed you'd read what you posted - at least a couple of the articles were written by John Solomon. He writes opinion pieces, and they're biased.
    What?

Three companies and 13 individuals associated with the Internet Research Agency were charged with interfering with the election: 13 Russians Indicted as Mueller Reveals Effort to Aid Trump Campaign

12 Russian military intelligence agents interfered by hacking the Democrats: 12 Russian Agents Indicted in Mueller Investigation

Konstantin Kilimnik - charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and obstructing justice: What you need to know about the indictments against Konstantin Kilimnik

Roger Stone - charged with obstruction, false statements to Congress, and witness tampering: Who Is Roger Stone? Trump Adviser Arrested in Special Counsel Investigation

Bijan Kian and Ekim Alptekin - charged with violating federal lobbying rules (in their case, in favour of Turkey): Here Are All of the Indictments, Guilty Pleas and Convictions From Robert Mueller's Investigation
    It's from the Conservative Review, part of Blaze Media, associated with Glen Beck: Mueller sets a new standard for innocence: Prove you did not commit a crime

Lizzie and geoffw like this.
  13. CowPat

CowPat Well-Known Member

Post by piston_broke #628 above ↑ was excellent

10:47 "our conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy "

11:30 " if we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime we would have said so "

After 2 and a half years Mueller and his team of trump hating lawyer's couldn't find a criminal act

Investigator's and prosecutor's look for evidence of guilt
    if there is no evidence of guilt then that person is not guilty

Its how the system works ........ but hey , what the hell :rolleyes:

Last edited: 10th Jun, 2019
    Phar Lap and MTR like this.
  14. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

No, investigators and prosecutors look for evidence, and Mueller found a large volume of evidence. (I'm not sure where you get 'no evidence of guilt'; that's simply false.) Mueller made it very clear that he felt DOJ guidelines prevented the prosecution of a sitting President, and that's why he didn't make a prosecution recommendation.

Congress can, however, use his evidence to impeach, and the state attorneys-general can also use it for the numerous investigations they also have underway.

Mueller's a long-time registered Republican who was appointed for his respect for the Constitution and the rule of law. He met with Trump the day prior to being appointed by Deputy Attorney-General Rod Rosenstein - presumably this was to get Trump's approval, which he got.

If he's now a "Trump hater", it can only be because of what's he's discovered - that Trump holds the Constitution and the rule of law in contempt. (Or doesn't even know what they are, in many cases, I'm sure.)

Ambit, Casteller and Lizzie like this.
  15. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

This will keep going round and round and Trump will never be held accountable for something he hasnt done.
    Where is the evidence???

MTR likes this.
  16. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

The evidence is all in the Mueller report. Trump is guilty of at least 6 instances of obstruction of justice, possibly up to 11. Unfortunately he can't be prosecuted because of an arcane rule protecting presidents. As soon as he's out though he's fair game and should be going to prison.

Perp and wylie like this.
  17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Barr must've seen the potential of jail in his tealeaf readings, as the House was to vote tomorrow on his "contempt" refusal to comply with issued subpoenas (for nearly a month).

"I am pleased to announce that the Department of Justice has agreed to begin complying with our committee's subpoena by opening Robert Mueller’s most important files to us, providing us with key evidence that the Special Counsel used to assess whether the President and others obstructed justice or were engaged in other misconduct," Nadler said in a statement.

Nadler delays contempt against Barr after DOJ agrees to turn over Mueller evidence

Perp likes this.
  18. Piston_Broke

I posted a link, not quoted. Those same events are on multiple news sites.

Nope. No link between IRA and Trump.
    Affiliated groups also held rallies in favor of Hillary Clinton. The individuals were never cited for tipping the election in favor of Trump, but were blamed for falsifying documents and foreign meddling in the election.

No link to Trump. GOP also had many hack attempts. Every major corp or gov function in the US is constantly getting hacking/phishing attempts.
    The DNC and Hillary just had crappy security and naive people that clicked the links.

No evidence.
    Special counsel Robert Mueller hasn’t provided evidence to the federal judge overseeing the case of Paul Manafort that his confidant in Ukraine is a Russian spy or tied to its intelligence apparatus
    His alleged not proven collusion was with Manafort, not Trump.

"The indictment does not allege that Stone had any direct communications with Assange, nor does it allege that Stone or anyone else at the Trump campaign had any direct communications with Assange or any foreknowledge of actions that WikiLeaks took."
    Still clutching at straws. No evidence of Trump/Russia collusion.
    What he was saying about wikileaks was out in the public.

Trump-Russia link? NONE

Trump was right, the FBI, CIA and NSA were spying on him (illegally) for years and came up with nothing.
    Constantly trying to bait him and then resorting to the "insurance plan" dossier.
    All on record in communications between them now made public.

Phar Lap and MTR like this.
  19. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

Not sure what hold Russia has on Trump but i know what they want from him, an overturning of the Magnitsky act. The back drop of this is an amazing story of millions made by fund Manager Bill Browder, which set of a chain reaction of murder and sanctions. After listening to this it becomes pretty obvious what the Russians were asking for at the Trump tower meeting for exchange on the Hillary dirt.

Bill Browder and the Fall of Glasnost: A Tale of Murder and Corruption in Russia

Last edited: 12th Jun, 2019
    Lizzie likes this.
  20. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I was responding to this falsehood.

Lizzie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.