What hold does Russia have over Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 17th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

So if he wasn't colluding, what hold does Russia have over Trump?

He's had a very cosy relationship with Putin, having conversations with him in private, and having the translator destroy his notes. He's pushed for a foreign policy with Russia which doesn't align with the policy of his country or his advisors.

He fired Comey because of "that Russia thing". That is probably one of the issues which raised a red flag in the first place, and certainly gave the impression of an attempt to interfere.

wategos and Lizzie like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

3. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

He has a cosy relationship with Putin....yeah nah...i think you need to read more what Trump has done since getting in power...against Putin/Russia.

He is the most Anti-Russian president since the cold war.

1. Arms Ukraine
    2. Tears up INF
    3. Imposes heavy sanctions
    4. Tries to stop Germany from buying Russian gas
    5. Bombs Syria
    6. Expels Russian diplomats

Hardly a "cosy" relationship.

Last edited: 26th Mar, 2019
    MTR, Phar Lap, CowPat and 1 other person like this.
  4. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

This is the narrative pushed by Trump, but it is not correct. The items listed are from the Trump administration, not Trump himself. Very different things. He opposed most of these actions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-russia/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.95c097726b29

Trump is extremely pro Russian interests, for reasons that have not been discovered yet.

Still many investigations goint on (17 ?). Trump will come undone eventually, Fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, obstruction of justice, sexual assault... just a matter of time.

And the Mueller report ? They are blocking its release, so who knows what is really in there yet.

Lizzie and Perp like this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

For those wanting to know about ties with Russia, mobsters etc, get hold of The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston.

Fascinating reading. Something will come undone. It's just a matter of time.

I'm so glad I don't live in the US.

Lizzie likes this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yes - one does have to wonder why, if Donald is adamant the report wonderful and clears him completely, it's not simply released. If not to public then to the Democrat legislative committees

Perp likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Nah - old news from over a months ago ... and it's just beginning. If there is nothing to hide then why not release the report to the House Committees? Why not allow key people to give evidence (even in private)? Why not release tax returns relating to that period? Why attempting to block the subpoena's?

I don't believe a thing Barr says as he was simply appointed to "cover up". He doesn't work for the people of the US (which is supposed to be his job) - he's working as a private attorney to Trump

wylie and Perp like this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

One month ago is hardly old news, and the report was released and as suspected a waste of tme and taxpayers money

Oh well .... they continue to live in hope, cant wait to review this thread in 6 months time.

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Actually - the convictions bought in more money than the investigation cost ... so a profit to the taxpayer ... and ... sorry to rain on your parade ... but the report "wasn't" released in full to the appropriate committees. They are still trying to get access to the report thru requests and subpoena's that Trump has ordered be ignored.

Something to hide methinks

Last edited: 29th May, 2019
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Will go down as most expensive investigations

What a waste of taxpayers money, me thinks this will not go down too well with voters

The facts on the cost of the Mueller investigation

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Perp likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Good luck ......on how you justified this??? Does not change the fact that taxpayers money was used to achieve zip

This Does not go down too well with voters

Imagine this happening in Australia?? .. blood on the street

Russia says Mueller report “wasted” U.S. taxpayers' money

14. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

Transparency isn't optional; even if it had cost more than it generated, it costs what it costs.

Further, the Mueller investigation has so far generated 34 indictments, with a large number of investigations transferred to state DAs and to Congress.

It's revealed enormous problems. Trump is trying to run the USA like he's the head of the Mafia rather than a President - only less competent. (The Mafia would not have survived if its leaders were as incompetent as Trump.)

Ambit, wylie, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think the only hold Russia had over Trump was Trump's desire to impress a seemingly powerful dictator ... and Russia's desire to get a buffoon into the top dog role.

I think the real manipulation is coming from the Saudi's as Trump declaring a fake "state of emergency" to override both Congress and Senate votes to prevent arms sales.

This is much more concerning

Defying Congress, Trump sets $8 billion-plus in weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, UAE - Reuters

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Wow. You've quoted Trump quoting Barr that the Mueller report exonerates him (it doesn't); Russia saying that that the Mueller report was wasting money; some mostly Trump voters in a single county saying that the Mueller report was a waste of money; and Giuliani telling CNN to apologise. Good, unbiased sources.

Ambit, wylie and Perp like this.
  20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'll go thru the facts again:

- The investigation has turned a PROFIT of $3mil
    - 5 immediate associates found guilty and/or jailed
    - 13 Russians and 3 Russian entities found guilty but unable to be trialled as not in US
    - 14 criminal matters referred to other prosecutors (ie State)

Here's all of the charges from Mueller's Russia probe
    Mueller referred 14 criminal matters to other prosecutors, but only 2 of them are public so far

Think I'll believe the facts over a bunch of uneducated mid-westerners who believe everything they're told and a befuddled failed lawyer

Last edited by a moderator: 29th May, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.