What has the forum brought you that you are grateful for?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Sackie, 23rd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

So as the thread suggests, what are some of the things this forum has done for you (besides learning about investments or anything business related ) that you feel quite grateful for?

Goes without saying that i've met some really great folks here and made a few friends. I think one the things I'm most grateful for from the forum is that about 12 months ago i met a regular poster on here and we became friends...very good friends and now even a best friend ( which is actually a big deal for me). I never imagined in my wildest dreams this would happen on here. It's one of the things i'm extremely grateful to the forum for having provided me this opportunity.

what about you?

Last edited: 23rd Oct, 2016
    Propagate, ellejay, Matt Ad and 5 others like this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Knowledge and company... and the banters, sometime :rolleyes:

Colin Rice, Greyghost and Sackie like this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Comedic relief of certain posters.......particularly the over sharers with no boundaries.....;)

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Someone to talk to! No matter how much i go on the kids STILL DON'T GET IT! :mad:

Sackie likes this.
  5. House

House Well-Known Member

Relatable people who want to do better than average, personally and financially, is what I'm grateful for. It's not a bunch of whining "I can't" people but more an enthusiastic bunch of "how can I?" people which is great.

Rolling the sleeves up and getting to it to get the results they want.

The fact they're also all very willing to offer advice based on their experience and help out is awesome :)

Colin Rice, MJS1034, Sackie and 4 others like this.
  6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Inspiration.
    The high achievers here set a good benchmark for something to aim for.
    This forum has been a complete source of inspiration to succeed since joining the previous Somersoft forum almost 15 years ago when I was young and dumb.
    Still hope to be considered young, but hopefully not so dumb anymore.

Colin Rice and kierank like this.
  7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Peace of mind for me due to the wealth of information on offer and inspired by people who are still humble even though they have accomplished so much through their hard work and determination. I think motivation as well and staying on track on the end goal.

I don't intend to have a medicore life and achieve average results in life. (Hope that didn't sound upmyself and if it did, sorry in advance!).

kierank likes this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Well said...so what is stopping ya?

9. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Time. Rome wasn't build in a day and need time for the plan to come into fruition.

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Personal...opinion....I think it is JUST mindset...the opinion of a crusty ole seadog.....only....much better people to get opinions from.....

House likes this.
  11. citystar

citystar Well-Known Member

Thought me how to structure loans in the most optimal way for long term investing. Not to fear buying properties that are not perfectly renovated = buy places that need a lot of work in order to create value and increase rent. Changed my mindset multiple of times with those light bulb moments, ding!

WattleIdo likes this.
  12. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

A group of friends who love what I love - hard to find in the 'real' world. I love our meet ups where those worlds collide.

And, the best clients ever.

Colin Rice likes this.
  13. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Damn straight! :)

I got a home from this forum....a non crap one....and was able to structure everything so we're all ready to go when we get the next one.

I'm a big believer in learning via osmosis. Hang around people who are where you'd like to be....eventually something rubs off.

Zeehan, Sackie, kierank and 2 others like this.
  14. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

It's definitely changed my life for the better! Mindset is greatly improved and having the nickname "pezzo" - pessimist:p that my wife gave me hasn't been used for a while. I still can forsee the things may go wrong, but it's followed up with a plan and a sprinkle of positiveness ;)

Seeing and understanding real life situations has helped put things in perspective and made it all so much easier to understand. ...With that brought the most important thing.... action!

Party on! :D

Sackie and EN710 like this.
  15. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

The biggest benefits I have got from the forum is the combined wisdom and experience of many successful investors.

On the other side, it is good to know that I am not the only person who is completely obsessed with property investment! :p :D

Sackie and kierank like this.
  16. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I am 60; so I am at the end of our investment accumulation journey.

I joined PC to show that it can be done, to share our experiences (successes and mistakes), to help newbies getting started, to challenge others into thinking outside the square, ... It was one way that I could repay all the help I got from SS, from Ian and Jan Somers, from BIG (Better Invedting Group - Ian was our patron), ...

Having said that, I am amazed on a daily basis how little I know, how much I can and have learnt from others, how my mistakes have paled into insignificance compared with others, ...

I can look over my investment journey with pride and use this to inspire others and use them to continually inspire me.

wylie, Perthguy, EN710 and 2 others like this.
  17. BeefEater

BeefEater Active Member

Inspiration... knowledge... and the ability to talk to people who have achieved what you want to achieve.

Oh and investor savvy brokers!!!

Sackie likes this.
  18. datto

datto Well-Known Member

This forum has helped me to grow up and be a more mature person. It has helped open my eyes from beyond the Druitt, across the Great Western Highway and to onto maccas at St Marys....a traditional no go zone for Bidwill bogans.

I used to think that a hot commodore and a hot chick where the be all and end all. Not any more.

My desires for property went from a 36-24-36 to a 4/3/2 on 650 sqm of Oz soil. Thank you forum.

19. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Loan structures and tax tips, a place where like minded people can help you keep a positive mindset for future strategies. Have met some great people at the meet ups and am sure this networking will be beneficial as we all have experiences and advice to share.

Thanks PC

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Your priorities are wrong...i'll take the 36-26.36 anyday over a 4/3/2/ on 650sqm.

Oh....its not 2019 yet....for the Druie that is...the associated prices....I can't post the my original thread on the Druie...;)

datto likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.