Cars & Motorbikes what happen if other drive has no car insurance and his fault?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by PropertyInsight, 22nd Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

My uncle was driving his truck. Had a taxi driver cut him off and then slam on his breaks at a roundabout. Uncle could have stopped but he decided not to. When it came to the insurance company's call on behalf of the taxi driver, my uncle just played dumb. The taxi driver had copied my uncles number plate down wrong (one number was wrong) so when the insurance company asked if that was his number plate number he just said no.

He never ended up having to pay.

Moral of the story... don't cut off truck drivers.

Perthguy and datto like this.
  2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Out in the Druitt there's not much insurance. A friend got rear ended (in a car accident) by a bogan with no insurance.

The friend lost his excess but made up for it with a CTP claim (back, neck, migraines, can't work etc etc).

While waiting for his claim he was paranoid about PI's filming him so be used to mow his lawn with a gorilla mask lol.

3. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

And how did he lug all the grocery bags into the house?

And did they film any bags full of bananas?

datto likes this.
  4. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Just make sure you write down all the details whilst it's fresh in your mind, I had a bingle 3 years ago where someone rear ended me, once he realised I had insurance and he didn't he tried to make out it was my fault, I had to explain the location and get the girl from NRMA to look at google maps in order to see that he was lying.

5. neK

neK Well-Known Member

If it's day time, get your phone out and film the scene before any car moves - around 5m away from the car and pan around it.

Also take photos from different angles (about 10m away if possible), so the assessor can easily tell who's at fault.

End of the day it's an accident and as long as everyone is ok, there's not much point getting stressed about it - sure yell and scream and let it out if it makes you feel better, do focus on doing something productive that will help move the situation on faster a month on (i.e. Good photos that take in the background - number plates clearly displayed if possible too)

hash_investor likes this.
  6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Another question. Anybody know a vehicle assessor in Northern Sydney/Parramatta region?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia