QLD What drives prices in the Sunshine Coast?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bamute, 20th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bamute

bamute Active Member

I've always liked the Sunshine Coast and take it the Gold coast is a similar market. Trying to work out what drives the property prices there. Does the wave start in Brisbane and move out? Do prices increase when the economy is booming and people can afford a holiday home? Is it a low Aussie dollar making trips abroad more expensive and increasing the local tourism and providing more contact with potential buyers?

MJS1034 likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@bamute Some info I found.

Property Investing On The Sunshine Coast – Key Economic Drivers

1. Sunshine Coast University Hospital Precinct – $2Billion in investment and 11,000 jobs created over 5 years
    2. Maroochydore Principal Activity Centre – 4,000 units, extensive commercial space and 8,000 new jobs
    3. Sunshine Coast Airport Precinct – Employs 600 people and contributes $475M to the economy
    4. Palmview / Sippy Downs Town centre – Retail, Technology Hub, Education and approx 10,000 new jobs
    5. Caloundra South – Population growth of 50,000 and 20,000 new dwellings over the next 30 years

It is the supply/demand and growth factors that will drive property investors to this market. Along with the low entry costs and great returns, this area represents real value.

Last edited: 21st Aug, 2015
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

5. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

Well done Leo

Sackie likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Just did some quick research mate.

7. bamute

bamute Active Member

Looking over some sales charts and there's increases in the Sunny Coast after 2001 and 2007. This is when the stock market crashed and the money has gone into real estate? If the current dive in shares keeps going we might have a similar effect.

MJS1034 likes this.
  8. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

I hope your right mate, have you got property on the Sunshine Coast or are you thinking about buying there?

I have just bought an IP there and am pretty interested in other people's opinions on what growth they expect to see over the next 3-5 years.