What do you think it's worth?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Firsthomebuyer28, 15th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Firsthomebuyer28

Firsthomebuyer28 New Member

First time poster, long time reader here..
    I am looking to purchase my first home and am interested in what the PC community believe this property is worth.
    http://35 Springwood Street Mount G...operty-house-qld-mount+gravatt+east-128028170
    It's been on the market since early April, originally opened as a tender. On inspection the agent advised that the owner was looking for something between 550 to 700. The owner rejected all six offers at the close of tender (late April) one of which was mine for $525. The agent advised me that he could not disclose whether the other offers were higher or lower than mine. A price was then put to the property for "Offers over 599". The property has remained on the market since this time, making it the 8th/9th open home this Saturday. The property is currently leased and I believe the lease ends in October.
    I am seeking feedback on what other members believe it is worth and whether I should consider raising my offer. I did email the agent about raising my offer, he was very quick to respond to my emails until I advised him that I was only keen to raise to 530. I really like the house, but I don't want to do a bad deal.

2. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

The owner wants 599 plus. They were not offered it or it would have sold. If you think the house is worth 515 pay that. If they do not like your offer, walk. Or else pay 600 if you believe it is worth that. There are other houses though.

3. Firsthomebuyer28

Firsthomebuyer28 New Member

Thanks hobartchic, I guess I was just wondering what others thought it was worth

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's a lmr site ,and sites like this one would be in the minority ,the value is in the site vacant..
    That's the price you would have to pay 575k and above,the price is what you pay-future value is what is priced in ..imho..

5. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

I think yours was a generous offer personally.