QLD what do you think about this house, Aspley

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bya38, 1st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bya38

bya38 Well-Known Member

2. ORAC

ORAC Well-Known Member

The property appears to be located in a good pocket of Aspley. Looks like quite a solid low maintenance home. Probably could convert part of the dining area into a fourth bedroom. The block itself is quite large, just shy of 21 sq m to make an 810 sq m block ( in which case would be subdividable); however the frontage looks wide (maybe check with a town planner on potential). The valuer general rates the land value at $385k, and larger blocks in the area are selling for over $400k, so overall consider the property seems to be reasonable within the price range. Of course, should always aim to buy cheaper.

Whitecat and bya38 like this.
  3. bya38

bya38 Well-Known Member

thanks @ORAC very much, I am just clueless about the whole thing, why should I care about if it subdividable? or frontage

and what's the the best strategy to buy cheap, should I make an offer with less and see their feedback ?

sorry for the silly questions, but as I said, I am clueless

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi bya38. Please don't part with half a $mill being 'clueless', although you have to decide what matters to you .... the part of your purchase which is most important is the land - the location aspect and geometry of the land is #1 in terms of long term value. Get the land component right, and there is little (or less) that can go wrong. Ordinary house on a great block in a great spot is usually OK. Buying a property in a poor location with no land, but with great appliances in the kitchen is really risky.

Other contributors, please correct me if I am wrong here.