What do you like to see from your RE Agent?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by susielu, 25th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. susielu

susielu New Member

Hi,

Long time reader - first time poster today :)

I'm in commercial real estate (selling shops etc). The office I work in has majority market share, however we are pretty old school and don't do ANY mailouts – which is basic stuff for a RE Agent to keep their clients up to date. We have a database with most of the owners' details in the area, and I want to initiate a mailout system. However, I don't want it to be just a "look how good we are" brag sheet, as no one wants to see that, and no one cares.

I want to ensure we are offering people something that they want, something of value – not just annoying them.

Just curious to know – what would you want to see from your local commercial real estate agent if you owned a block of shops?

We plan to do it every 2-3 months (every month is too often – we don't want to annoy them).

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Hi Susie
    what people find useful is information related to them. Rent/sale increases in their areas and appraisals on their particular properties.

Don't discount what your company has done in that area, what rentals or sales you achieved and what properties you have listed. It's important to let people know exactly how active you are and how much experience you have in a particular area, not just information, when it comes to choosing an agent people do choose the ones who are more active.

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I enjoy receiving the market report but I would appreciate it more if they attached $50 notes or even $100s to it and I am sure to read what they are having to say and would want a daily mail then :).

4. susielu

susielu New Member

Thanks everyone.

Would it be helpful if the brochures had an article from an Accountant and a Solicitor offering some advice to tenants/owners of commercial property?

I know that 99% of these brochures end up in the bin. In fact, 99% of the brochures I receive from agents in my area go in the bin but if I was asked which agent to use in my area, it would probably be the 2 that send me stuff all the time and show that they're active in the market...

Xenia likes this.