What do you do..

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by willair, 21st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I had to do a pre settlement inspection yesterday for a property that settlement is schedule for late next week everything is complete..
    So I went along,arrived 15 minute's early and went in and had a look at the outside as we had to waiver the pest and building on this property to get the deal across the finish lines.
    2 of the agent's team turn up and as this property was set up with all new fittings it looked completely different once the property was bare without anything just a blank canvas.
    Everything was fine,but the dishwasher is gone,I did check it and it was disconnected and not working ..
    The way I look at this is ,the Legal team the daughter has employed every time through ..RPI..and the news teams are there if we need them..
    Best way is say nothing, they saved me 3 hours work by the time you remove the unit dump costs ect..
    What would you do?.

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

What is the problem?

Not sure what you mean by “fittings”, but of course the place will look bare with all furniture etc removed.
    Or are you saying they removed the kitchen? Or carpets?
    Was the dishwasher included in the contract?

3. willair

Only the dishwasher, the property was staged new furniture artwork plants bedding office set-up..
    Just looks different ,they spent an enormous amount on this property ,went to auction no one bid,next in line offered cash just below the asking price they would not sign.
    Principle rang one morning and just all offers in by 10 next morning best offer wins..
    Sat on the market then they instructed the agent just sell it ,
    Even with coming in lower in valuation this was a very good deal in Sunnybank.

Last edited: 21st Jan, 2022
  4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Got a link?

Not too far from me.

5. willair

In about a weeks time when the daughter and our son law are standing at the front gate with the keys in their hands after settlement..
    Marg4000,that small area with all the x Hong Kong business people is booming.

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Most of the online places where you buy dishwasher take the old one away too.
    Housewarming gift for daughter :)

The Y-man

Dan Wood, willair and wylie like this.
  7. willair

Yes that's exactly what the Wife wanted done,sorted it out yesterday -delivered- installed the day after settlement..thanks..

The Y-man likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.