NSW What do people think about Dee Why?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tom Howes, 27th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vicki S

Vicki S Well-Known Member

If you are traveling to the city from the Northern beaches weekdays, there are a series of express buses that have very limited stops - they have a prefix of E And the bus number and the commute time is greatly reduced. The L prefix is limited stops, and the bus number no prefix is all stops. So if buying keep an eye on the bus timetable too.

schmick23 likes this.
  2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Really good to know but how is the traffic these days? Would you be able to get into the city within one hour during peak time traffic?

My partner is looking at the area but the deal breaker for her is that she wants to live in it for 6 months for the 1st home owner's grant.

3. Vicki S

Vicki S Well-Known Member

Depends on where you live.
    Look at the timetable
    One of the express buses from Warriewood has you in town within half hour
    One stop at collaroy

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

sydney cbd? no way...

5. Ashory

Ashory Member

I live in Warriewood and 12 months ago it was taking me over an hour each morning to get to Wynyard via Public Transport. Spit Bridge is a nightmare to get over most mornings and if there is an accident on the Harbour Bridge forget about it..... even on the E and L Bus Routes. I wouldn't bother considering driving in myself.

They're currently making a lot of changes to get a "B-Line" through which is really just a glorified Bus Lane and doesn't actually solve any of the real problems... It's certainly not going to be enough of a change to cater for all the people that will be moving here due to the crazy amount of developments they have going on now.

Glad I got a job 3 minutes from home!

6. Systematic

Systematic Active Member

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been posted up yet but it’s the town plan for Dee Why’s development which is well underway:

Meriton is scheduled to finish their towers and all the lifestyle shops/restaurants on the ground floor by quarter 4, 2018.

I have a IP beach side of Pittwater Rd and would recommend that side if investing; a bit more expensive but worth it.

I lived there for 3yrs and Travel is a problem but express Bus is ok and ferry from Manly is also an option which is not far away. Also Chatswood is not far, Macquarie park and anything in the area for work would be best. New hospital also being built as we speak so a lot of upside to the area. Didn’t have any issues with crime at any stage.

Hope this helps somewhat. The area will continue to gentrify as prices go up and the infrastructure goes in.

7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Avoid buying any Meriton buildings as they are so poorly constructed. The only thing I can commend them for is the location selection of their buildings.

Checked out Dee Why with my partner as she was interested and I agree that the beachside is the better side with more potential. Be nice to one day move back to the area.

8. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Warringah is ranked as the 12th lowest crime rate in comparison overall, hence both suburbs mentioned are quite negligible to look at in terms of crime rates. Crime rates cannot be taken on face value as statistics only, they need to be analysed for the reasons why?