what do i learn after attend $100k seminar

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by thomas8888, 26th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Lacrim - oops, I thought that you were after sweet spots in the swest. :p

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

lol.....you must be a comedian....did you even bother to look at the post date....

PS 1 on 1 meetings at a pre agreed amount. :)

3. Happy 84

Happy 84 Active Member

Hahaha obviously not Thought the sw was done and dusted lol.

4. dabbler

Yeah, it is now....not on the nose completely, but I see nothing stopping these drops continuing for quite some time.

I was looking around at some things yesterday online, and come across a few mortgagee in possession ads, so, buckle up I reckon, ride could get rough...

Happy 84 likes this.
  5. noviceInvestor1

noviceInvestor1 Well-Known Member

@thomas8888 - great post, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

So as per your recommended strategy to buy and hold properties in Sydney - if I had a budget of approx. $1.5m, and wanted to buy within the next 12-18 months (no rush), where in Sydney would you recommend I buy?

Also would you say 2 IPs worth $750K each / or IP #1 for $1m and IP #2 for $500K?

6. dabbler

Pick your poison.....should all have similar result IMO. Before any gain you must learn about pain.......or so it seems :)

7. Hound Dog

Hound Dog Member

Wonderful and comprehensive post with most of the good, the bad and the ugly spruikers (should that read educators?) from the wonderful world of property seminars mentioned. With the exception of say Dymphna Boholt, Rick Otten and Steve McKnight you have done the seminar junkie thing and given yourself exposure to a wide variety of education in real estate without finding real estate Nivarna. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It never ceases to amaze me how lucrative this circuit is. There is a endless stream of willing attendees and seemingly close relationships between some of the participants in the circuit. My problem is being too much of a tightarse to splash the cash.

Whiz likes this.
  8. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

$100k seminar? Lol no wonder guys who write book stuff like rich Dad o or Dad get rich

9. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

I meet Anthony Robbins once and attended one of his seminars in Sydney. It was either in 1991 or 92 and I was in my very early twenties.
    I cannot say I took a great deal from it at the time or that my life would be any different today. But I enjoyed it, listened carefully and remember there was a very large audience on the day.

Could these people charging 100k offer you any more than I could ?

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If we're talking AR, I'm certain he offers more than you could.

11. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

Hello Sackie, are you as certain as most experts are ?

I often see that many of these so called experts seem to get it wrong time and again. From the banks to the RBA, the ratings agency and everything in between. Many seem able to tell us all after the event but not so many can tell us before.

I do not know who you are referring to by AR, but I would be interested to know and will look at some of their work when I get a chance.

12. tangy

tangy Well-Known Member

I actually learnt a lot just from this post, thanks to the original poster!!!

13. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

14. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Wow, lots of money spent!
    I am curious, did you at least invest into property at all since then?

15. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

Can we expect to achieve the same levels of growth going forward or if that is even possible ?

Prices from 1970 have risen 250 times. From say 5k in 1970, to 1.25 mil for the same property today. Wage growth has been quite large over this time, but can we expect wages to grow like they have since 1970 with so much cheap foreign labour today ?

Many things have changed since 1970, when all the Chinese did was grow rice and cattle and fish.

16. thomas8888

thomas8888 Well-Known Member

get your fact right, Chinese did first nuclear weapon test‎: ‎in 1964, launch first Satellite in 1970, during this time Australian john smith was making holdens in Adelaide

17. thomas8888

when I read all the post one by one, it amaze me what 100k mean to lot of people, I have no doubt if some of them lose 100k on
    property investment is not equally to wealth creation, for me wealth creation is combination of business, property, Tax planning and asset protection, you can't became rich just by keep buying property, you need business give you cashflow and borrowing power, you need property to persevere your wealth, you need plan your tax to avoid wealth been transfer to government and you need right structure to protect your self from law suit

property alone can't make you rich, don't try to find a property give you good cashflow, excellent capital growth and cheap entry price, you will fall into regional town hot spot trap and stay F poor forever.

Padron and Michael Mitchell like this.
  18. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

While most grew rice and cattle and fished.

There was a question there reguarding growth going forward in my post. Do you think this is possible as you did not even touch on that ?

19. thomas8888

you are right about wage growth's contribution toward to the growth of property price , but there are lot countries where people earning much less than Aussie, still have very high property price, in fact there are many factors can cause price to rise

1. Cheap credit

2. population growth

3. inflation

3. supply of land

4. oversea investment

if wage was main factor toward property growth, luxembourg should be having the most expensive property price in the world, it got highest average wage earning, but hong kong has the highest property price in the world

20. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

That does not answer the question as to whether we can achieve the same levels of growth going forward.