what do i learn after attend $100k seminar

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by thomas8888, 26th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I hire some of them ( the better ones) tradies every now and again and they work off margins in Lebanon ( i can only guess), not Australia . Can't be best in many instances .

One time I got a Lebanese tradie to do some full landscaping . Other quotes came in at 14k. Got a Leb tradie in and they did it for 9k. He brought his cousins, nephew and grand dad. This granddad I take my hat off to him. On his knees in scorching summer laying pavers and smiling at me for the work. Very nice older gentleman . I bought him his cigs and coke everyday he was there .

Starbright and Gladys like this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Definitely true. I inspected this pearler when I was looking for a renovator project. Ask price $650,000 - $699,000. That is just insane! Even though they dropped the price to
    $649,000 From, it did not sell because it was still overpriced. Now for rent after not selling.

Property Report for 145 Arlunya Avenue, Cloverdale WA 6105

I kept looking and found something with a better house, slightly smaller block, for around $480k.

3. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Funny you say this. In Melbourne all of the work I have had done on my properties I can get it all done a lot cheaper in the Western Suburbs. I put it down to these tradies claiming benefits and then only working for cash money, so they can afford to do the work for less than others as they don't need as much money to get by on as their wages are subsidised. Thats the only reason I can put it down to.

4. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Buy and hold in a good location (Melb/Syd), that's groundbreaking information!

I am not having a crack at you mate and thank you for taking the time to post and share your findings, but getting all defensive and saying how you bought your mum a bmw etc, mate you lost my support right there. Anyone who has to go on a forum and gloat anonymously might I add about purchasing material possessions and beating their chest doesn't get my (good attention).

Again aside from the above little rant thanks for your contribution.

Also your old you have to be rich to be rich comment again wants to make me crawl under a rock.

Just read books such as Millionare next door, and look at many of the Greek/Italian migrants that came here in the 50/60's with two parts of f'all, were far from rich and now many are passing tens of millions of dollars in assets to their heirs.

I'm lucky enough to work in many affluent suburbs and for many high net worth/earning individuals, let me assure you many still driving older modest cars or small mazdas etc don't need any sympathy or donations, just because they don't buy their mothers bmw's doesn't mean they're not wealthy, or a credible source to learn from in terms of wealth accumulation and/or financial freedom.

A lot of comments I read always re direct me to the old saying
    "A rich man can play poor forever, a poor man can't play rich for long"

5. thomas8888

thomas8888 Well-Known Member

Hi mate, thank you for your reply, i understand where you coming from

please throw your millionaire next door book, it is wrong.

drive a modest car is the worst advice,someone can ever give you

4 years ago i had a car ancident, someone drive a old Holden car hit me and push me all the way to other side of street, his car is dame broken, my car only have little cut and
    have Slightly concave, imaging i am driving a second old Toyota, well i am scare .

you drive good car for your own family safety

you drive good car for social, same as you buying watches. you need have one car when you try to buy, one car when you try to sell, one car for fun, so which car do you see them driving ?

if someone tell you they live in chatswood house, are they just simply telling you a fact or are they show off, how you interpret most of the time is about on how much you earn, if you live in Mosman than this is just a fact telling , if you live in rotty hill, well......

i not here to show off, i still remember the days i can only afford go to bread top for my lunch, and also there is so many people in this forum are more success than me.

i am so blessing by living in Australia, this is such wonderful country i love very much, i find there is no reasons you can' t make million before you are 35

again thank you for the reply

Last edited: 4th Mar, 2018
  6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I love Australia too. It's a great country.

iloveqld likes this.
  7. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree, however I can appreciate your point of view on all levels, you and I are travelling to the same destination however our journeys/routes differ.

Agree about this being the best country in the world! Also agree with the Millionare before 35 comment!

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'd say so. Alot of under the table stuff

9. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Modest in context doesnt mean a 15 year old Box, since for most people the cost of holding such a high maintenance vehicle would be prohibitive.

In my view it means a Camry or a Commodore or Falcon, new or near new.

the cost of running say a Camry vs a BMW 5 series is immense.

While there is debatable safety advantege of the Euro cars at normalish speeds, they are likley to come out slightly better in a more demanding safety challenge than ANCAP ( which is actually pretty robust), and the BMW etc has more and better active safety features, having less chance of you creating a prang.

You allude to something I thoroughly believe in , and that is we make decisions emotionally, thence justify them logically .

If safety was the primary concern youd be in a Volco XC60 .............

ta
    rolf

10. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

And the ABN on the Tax Invoice might belong to Bunnings... which might be awkward in an ATO audit where you are claiming a big fat deduction, but by then the tradie may have "lost" his mobile and got a new one with a different number.

And hopefully you dont need to put in a warranty claim...

Sackie likes this.
  11. Sydneysummer

Sydneysummer Well-Known Member

How can people make millions before 35 in Australia ? What profession could bring millions before 35? I am curious!

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Many. But has alot more to do with the individual than the profession per se. Reality is most people are not multi millionaire material .

TMNT and Starbright like this.
  13. Sydneysummer

Would u like to give some examples? Through property investment, people can. Business could be.

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Health, finance, law, marketing, sales and more.

15. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Business

Generally "professions" are wage slaves at a higher level

ta
    rolf

AndyPandy, TMNT and Sydneysummer like this.
  16. Sydneysummer

Do you prefer buy and hold to property development in terms of minimising risk?
    Thanks

17. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

2 Things.

1.....You have more dollars than cents maybe, the money is one thing, but you can't get the time back :(

2....You clearly should have spent more time here, a few members will share the secret of where in the West and SWest it is still booming and only ever going to go up.

18. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I read half a dozen books on finance and property then got stuck into it. That was back in 2000.

I have done a $1500 weekend property seminar (2000) and a $5000 property development boot-camp (2015) since and dont regret either decision.

Happy 84 and Terry_w like this.
  19. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Spot on!
    If you have to ask you probably won't

Are you talking about $1m payg? If so maybe ceo. And that's about it

Truly Exotic likes this.
  20. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The oldest one?

Blacky and Terry_w like this.