What did she do wrong?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LVR, 17th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LVR

LVR Well-Known Member

Once again, Melania Trump has been overlooked for the cover of yet another "Womens magazine" cover.
    This time it is Vogue. Stormy Daniels is the flavour of this month. Good luck to her, but in comparison to Melania, I find it disappointing that someone who does so much for women's causes, tireless social program work for the Community and general image of women - is not recognized by these publications.
    What has she done that is so wrong? Mind you ; she probably couldn't care less about this, but I do. Ranting finished.

Melania Trump on Instagram: “Be the reason people choose to believe in kindness. ❤️ #melaniatrump #firstlady #bekindtooneanother”

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Shazi and Ian87 like this.
  3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Who's Stormy?..

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks geoffw ,never a dull day with Mr--Trump's past ..

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

....why am I not surprised. :eek::rolleyes:

Anyone associated with Trump is treated with contempt...… including voters...

TOP DESIGNERS TOOK REVENGE FROM THE TRUMPS ALL THROUGH FASHION! – SeeThru

Last edited: 17th Aug, 2018
  7. geoffw

That was for the inauguration. You quote stuff from January last year to say that people are "still" not over it. There's probably a lot more recent examples you could have picked, there will be a lot.

But people can still object to the man and his policies. They have a right to do that. Trump himself, and many of his supporters, seem to have trouble accepting that there are people who don't think that he's wonderful. Why can't people express their opinion if it's different from theirs? Why is any press article or outlet which expresses an opinion labelled "fake news"? Why is a person who dislikes him labelled with Trump Denial Syndrome?

Joynz, Lizzie, Ambit and 1 other person like this.
  8. geoffw

This seems to assume that being on the cover of a magazine is some sort of trophy.

But the cover of a magazine is chosen for one reason. To sell the magazine.

If the magazine sells twice as many copies with Stormy on the front (she has only recently come to prominence, and is quite notorious now), then they will put Stormy on the front.

Would people rather the dutiful wife who isn't often seen in public, or the person who carried an illicit affair with a man whose wife was pregnant at the time?

Joynz likes this.
  9. geoffw

I'm not sure that Melania is happy with the gig she's got.

While I'm sure that there are some beautiful young women who marry filthy rich older men for love, I suspect that there's a lot more who don't.

She probably was happy in her apartment in NYC, able to go shopping on 5th Ave as often as she wanted, with an unlimited budget. That's the gig she signed up for.

It's very possible that she didn't want to be in the role that she's in now. She probably had no say in it whatsoever, and possibly, like many people, didn't think that her husband would win.

There have been many occasions where she hasn't appeared to be too happy when she's with him. She looks like the times (not many) when I go out with my wife just after a fight.

She made a speech early on, which was quickly shown to have been plagiarised from Michelle Obama. While I suspect that this was not her fault whatsoever, it certainly would not have endeared herself to the role.

If he talks about himself in private the same way that he does in public, I couldn't bear to be with him for one minute, let alone have to live with him.

She's welcome to all that money. Anybody who could bear him for any amount of time, even without first lady duties, is earning every cent of their money.

wylie likes this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So I don't have a choice on what links post, but you do?

Not if its Fake news
    The Highly Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards

TDS
    Trump Derangement Syndrome - Wikipedia

11. geoffw

You can post what you want. But you made a statement "Left still not over losing the election" (which you later edited out, but it's still in my quoted post) as if this has only just happened, and those people are still refusing to design for Melania 20 months after the event. Yet those links are referring to events in January 2017, so "still not over losing" is misleading in the context of your links.

Joynz and Lizzie like this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, I edited this because it seems to upset many on this forum... Unfortunately, you have now raised it, clearly it does touch a raw nerve.

Yes I also posted the link with regards to designers...... because this was such a significant historical event and shows the hypocrisy of the left.

I can also post something more recent if you like

We all have Freedom of choice to post what we like … :)

MTR:)

13. geoffw

I'm not sure why hypocrisy.

hypocrisy Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
    However, they acted on their beliefs. They didn't like Trump, so didn't design anything for Melania. I would have thought that this is the opposite of hypocrisy.

You're welcome to post anything as recent as you want. Just don't make misrepresentations of what is being said.

Why do you find it so hard to accept that some people just don't like Trump?

14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

It's not a raw nerve - the only ones that keep bringing up the election are Trump supporters. The rest of us have moved on and couldn't care less. Hillary who?

The issue is that you are posting quotes, and attaching the quoted links, as if they are current - yet they are now approaching two years old. Not helped by posting a link from the GOP website that is over 8 months old

If you want to be taken seriously then find something to support your view that is recent.

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OMG.....Are you joking right??

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thats your issue not mine

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - then don't get spatty when it's thrown back as rubbish and/or ignored

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just a tad right, to balance the books...… a relationship 10 years ago:eek:

19. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

She's got a lot to live up to after Michelle Obama, obviously not interested or trying much. The media is giving her a break really compared with how the conservatives treated Michelle Obama.

20. geoffw

Ok, so because Trump did something 10 years ago, it doesn't really matter. And because Manafort did something four or five years ago, it doesn't matter.

But you're happy to bring up something that Hillary did in 2008, and something Bill Clinton did while he was in office.

It seems like a double standard to me.

qak likes this.