What criteria do you follow for finding property?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Alex123711, 18th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nah.......I ain't just relying on Zuper......ready a recent report the ole days of people getting to $10m let alone $3-5m are pretty much gone. But it is still a form income.

This ain't the only rodeo...also have share portfolio....along side passive property and active property so many different income streams.

Also looking at dabbling in AirBnB....

I only need 100-150k per year...so not taxing at all.

2. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Why $10M or $3-5M pretty much gone? If one has the skills to multiply and create higher net worth and earnings...I still believe possible, as it is same way possible to do outside Super.
    It wasn't that we put so much into Super, it was fortunate that we were able to create and multiply to that much BUT not through the conventional way by having someone else manage it, but by taking direct control.
    I remember once needing to explain to SMSF strategist when introducing Reserves, why... then... all the funds were Preserved, and I had to explain they grew in SMSF, we did not contribute any additional NCC (Non Concessional Contributions - after tax contributions). She was so surprised! BUT, I would say we would be 99.99% exception of how differently we invest to most Super funds.
    I suppose the older I grow the more content I become that I won't be here for ever, hence why I reap rewards along as time passes by.... and enjoy sharing and passing down to those closest to me...at least some lessons I have learned in life.
    Goodnight!;)

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

SMSF borrowing window closing.....limits of moving to accumulation fund once $1.6m....dems why. Can be done...but need at least 20-25 years...I don't have that I have 8 tops..

4. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Agree, time is one main factor in the equation.

5. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

I believe getting to $10m of rental income is still very achievable today . You will be surprised how many people have $3-$5m of rental income