What comes next?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by mues, 21st Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AlexV_Sydney

AlexV_Sydney Well-Known Member

that was for Q1. Definitely not yours "consistently dropping with every release"

here is stats from official Apple releases - per quarter (keep in mind you need to compare quarter to quarter because of seasons):
    Apple iPhone sales 2018 | Statista

and this is per year: Apple iPhone sales by year 2007-2017 | Statista

2018 is not complete, and according to 2018 Q1-Q3 results they are +0.45% compared to 2017 Q1-Q3.

this is the problem for most people - they trust news and rumors more than source data, because they can't (or lazy) analyse it, so they just repeat same words what others are saying.

2. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

according to your stats,

2016 and 2017 sold less than 2015,if that is not a drop in sales unit i dont know what is.

i agree with you. most people trust news and rumors more than source data, because they can't (or lazy) analyse it, so they just repeat same words what others are saying

3. AlexV_Sydney

AlexV_Sydney Well-Known Member

2017 sales are larger than 2016, and 2018 (Q1-Q3) sales are larger than 2017 (Q1-Q3) sales. And for all years prior to 2015 sales where higher YoY. So basically we had one peak (2015), after that it was a correction in 2016, and then trend continued.

That's not 'consistently dropping with every release'.

4. KinG3o0o

agreed, my bad, that is not consistently dropping with every release, just apple iphone unit sales is dropping.

5. mues

mues Well-Known Member

I’m not going to name the place he worked. But it’s basically one of the biggest shops. I’m taking individual managers holding 100’s of million of investors money within that company. Not the whole company. I think I wasn’t just clear in my post.

6. KinG3o0o

thats big,, in that case..u probably mean he is just looking after a 100m portfolio in a fund management company.

7. mues

mues Well-Known Member

Yup

8. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

Contrary to what u think, some old school property investors do invest in property with cash, its just not a popular concept in modern times with all the easy credit available.

In fact, i sometimes find the thought of taking out a loan kinda stupid, but for today's fhb, thats the reality, they'll probably need 30 or 35 year loans just to afford a home...