what bank for business

Discussion in 'Business Accounting, Tax & Legal' started by CO2, 9th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. CO2

CO2 Member

Just looking for a recommendation for a bank with a Business account.

Currently i have accounts with Suncorp and Macquarie but might be keen to try another bank.

Trading revenue will be just short of a mill and all by card very little cash. No merchant facilities either at this stage. Not sure exactly what I should be looking for in regards to facilities. Most things seem to be don't online now. So a good platform to work with and maybe low fees because its start up?

thanks

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

So you are looking at a POS terminal (in-store) as opposed to online facility?

I know people are speaking fairly highly of the new Commbank POS terminals "Albert" etc

Merchant Services - In-store Payment - Commonwealth Bank

I haven't used them myself (other than as a customer), and I don't know if there are any issues or how the costs compares to other solutions.

3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

We use Commonwealth Bank, primarily as we need to be able to have bank cheques collected in obscure places and they have a bigger footprint then the others. We found a couple of great staff and have followed them across inner city branches.

4. CO2

CO2 Member

thanks

No just a generic bank account as payment system is unique to the contract. Prob more interested in fees etc but will ask around

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Cba have a basic transaction account for $10pm. You can set it up online yourself

6. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

I use BOQ due to a due to a traditional r'ship and Macquarie for a few other accounts. I find Macquarie pretty easy.

7. Srini Ranganathan

Srini Ranganathan Active Member

I did this recently and found CBA, ANZ and NAB expensive. They all had a $10/month account but even charged for receiving funds online. Ended up going to Westpac which seems cheaper with low transaction costs and still only charged the $10/month fee.

The local business banker I met has been very efficient so far and easy to deal with via email or phone.

8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I use Bendigo - which has no monthly charges, but 20c fee per transfer/bpay.