What areas are similar in demographics to...?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jmillar, 10th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I know the Western Sydney, Ipswich and Logan markets pretty well as I've got properties in these areas. I think I'll be sitting on the sidelines for a little while, but I'd like to utilise that time to get to know some more markets so that when the market changes, I know what a good deal looks like.

What are the equivalent markets to Ipswich, Logan and Western Sydney in the other states? ie lower socio economic demographic but in well-located areas close to capital cities, preferably with the opportunity to buy sites with good sized land components

2. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Sunshine in Melb is a pure bogan/low income/mid crime suburb, close to CBD. There are probably lots in Melb. Elizabeth in Adelaide is a hot spot for crime and welfare, but I know nothing much about it. I would check which areas Centrelink has their "pilot programs" going on in - we often see about 10 areas nationally incl Logan. Probably Launceston, Rockhampton, Coffs/Foster/Port...? The NDIS pilot. Have a look...I just found the link...not ALL these fit your bill but some would...