What are your resources?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by skuzy, 11th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skuzy

skuzy Well-Known Member

thanks all so much for the input !!

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

3. House

House Well-Known Member

If you download the BOQ Property app, you can get free suburb reports that are pretty similar to the paid RP Data ones :)

Jen--jen likes this.
  4. LarryC

LarryC Member

This is a little frustrating. I was sure I saw another thread just like this either on somersoft or here. But i can't find the bloody link.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Does anyone publish quarterly growth data on city and suburb levels? For free? :D

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Doesn't API at the back have quarterly growth stats..?

7. Catalyst

@Leo2413 Yes, API has it. But I have to use my magnifying glass app in my phone to view the numbers :eek:

Do you take this metric into consideration when you're doing your DD?

Some of the annual growth numbers are soooo different from Realestate.com o_O

Sackie likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

[QUOTE"Catalyst, post: 72009, member: 306"]@Leo2413 Yes, API has it. But I have to use my magnifying glass app in my phone to view the numbers :eek:
    @Catalyst haha yes I know. It's a little annoying.
    Do you take this metric into consideration when you're doing your DD?
    Not much really. Mostly I have a peek to see what was the past 12 months growth. If I saw that the last 12 months had 15-25% growth than I would start to pause and investigate further. I don't want to be buying in any place that has already had most of its growth. If I saw 12 months growth was nothing amazing, and quarterly growth seems to be increasing... then I am happy :) But other than that I don't put too much more focus on past growth. :) I think the majority of places I bought, the past growth didn't show anything really revealing. It was more buying in an advantageous state's cycle, good suburbs with great fundamentals and room to add value, then buying really well that has made all the difference for me. I know your gonna kick ass when your up there @Catalyst :D
    [/QUOTE]

Last edited: 29th Sep, 2015
    Catalyst likes this.
  9. Catalyst

Thanks @Leo2413

Do you also draw any conclusion from the 3 yr, 5 yr and 10 yr growth figures?

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Catalyst

Personally, i dont. I'm more interested in where is this property, this 'deal' is heading for the future rather than worrying too much about the past. Also I am a big advocate for adding value via at least buying really well. Cosmetic reno ability is also great to have imo.

In terms of other supply/demand factors, don't forget to look at vacancy rates, stock on market, what's the story with discounting for the suburb is it increasing/decreasing. Also the usual proximity to amenities etc.

Don't forget to have fun! ;)

Let the agents stress not you :cool:

11. Catalyst

Too anxious to have fun at the moment, @Leo2413 :( So much to learn, so little time.

How do you find these out:

vacancy rates - SQM website, right?
    stock on market - from realestate.com searches?
    what's the story with discounting for the suburb is it increasing/decreasing

Ta! :)

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure api et al have those stats at the back too. You can do google search on specific suburbs and find detailed reports, stats etc

If you don't have access to rpdata Professional and you want a report on a specific property, just shoot me a message and I'll get it to ya pronto :)

Catalyst likes this.
  13. Catalyst

Sackie likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

No problem;) Personally, I love seeing people going for their dreams. Its inspiring and takes much courage.

Catalyst likes this.
  15. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

People are a great resource too (especially for the time poor!).

Read through the threads and people always love to share their individual stories - pick up the phone/send a message and you'll get bits of gold that the data sites may not have. :)

Sackie and Catalyst like this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.