What are your criteria when choosing a sales agent...

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by VanillaSlice, 8th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. VanillaSlice

VanillaSlice Well-Known Member

... to sell an IP ?

I've made some purchases from real estate agents who I had good rapport with and would definitely call them up if I want to buy in the area again. However I would hesitate to use them when selling as I didn't feel like they were great sales agent for the seller and would not be happy if I were the vendor...

For example, very difficult to reach them via phone and not returning calls to new inquiries hence potentially loosing prospective buyers. Didn't work very hard to negotiate price for their vendor. They just wanted a sale, any sale etc. (perhaps due to slow market maybe)

I'm now looking to sell an IP in outer SW Sydney. The RE agents that I've spoken with all seem very keen to take on a new sales listing but how to know which is the right one to choose as everyone seems so nice and enthusiastic ? Some are more optimistic about the achievable price than others. Is performance/end result likely to be higher for agents who charge higher commission % ?

If there is no rush in selling, what's a good way to find a sales agent that is likely to achieve better sale price ?