What are your contract conditions?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by AaronR, 15th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

In SA you have a no questions cooling off period - it's very common here to now have your B&P completed during this time so a B&P condition is superfluous.

Because in a cool market, an unconditional offer is worth it's weight in gold so you can negotiate down *further*. It's quite common for a vendor to accept a lower offer which is unconditional compared to a subject to.

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Ah, I was assuming by 'unconditional' you were waiving the cooling off period.
    Chickens! ;)

3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

That'd be auction conditions - only happens with pre-auction offers.

To be honest, I've purchased my share of places without B&P inspections - limited concerns when you have development sites/land value sites.

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Add 000 and you'd still do the deal :D

5. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

If it fits your strategy, and is a good property, and you want to avoid taking the risk of going unconditional and the nasties that might be lurking then just pay a little more. Call it insurance. In 30 yrs will paying another 5k be a big deal?

6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I would go unconditional if I can see alot of fat in the deal that covers the risk. Say a $500k purchase where end value is in fact $700k.

Alternate to unconditional maybe a offer a more attractive condition, such as bigger deposit and no B&P...
    Say 10% deposit within 3 days, no B&P, 7 days Fin and 28 days settlement.

I would try to negotiate extension to the fin clause after contract is signed. If vendor objects at least you had your 7 days, and you walk away probably spending $200 on solicitor fee.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF