What are your cheap ass tips and tricks which have been hush hush (until now!)

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Sackie, 22nd Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I did find a $90 movie voucher on the floor in Westfield one time. No where even close to the cinema. No name or any identifying ID. I wanted to keep it. My better half said to hand it into the Events in the building. I said its as good as gone. They will either lose it or take it home themselves. I left my name and number to call me if no one comes for it, they said they would call me in 10 days if no one comes. I called 2 weeks later and the girl remembered seeing it somewhere in a drawer and put me on hold to go look. She couldn't find it. Fast forward 2 months! I get a call from Events to come pick up my movie voucher that someone handed in... :rolleyes: I don't even understand how that works.. the person who lost it has his name and number on it to call? wtf. I didn't argue, I just went to pick up my card.

We enjoyed that $90. :D

Gockie and Phase2 like this.
  2. Liarliar

Liarliar Well-Known Member

I have a work colleague who walks from Sydney City to Bondi everyday saves money on gym and transport.
    He also takes his light bulbs out of every second light.

$5 Asian food in the afternoons at most Asian food shops, $3 a container in Bondi Junction mall .

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Many malls have this section. Food which has been sitting at below safe temperature for perhaps several hours. I was sick the last time I had one of those. It saved me money on meals for two days afterward.

4. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

And; when it leaves the driveway with a human in it.