What are you excited about giving this Christmas?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Beanie Girl, 23rd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beanie Girl

Beanie Girl Well-Known Member

What are you excited about giving this Christmas?
    For me, there is an emergency accommodation nearby.
    There is a lady living there with her 5 children, a victim of domestic violence by her partner. She has 2 youngest children under the age of 10 whom I give presents of chocolates each year. They are very small for their age and undertall. I haven't seen them grow in height much in 5 years.
    The lady is also looking after her nieces cute baby whom the niece is incapable of looking after.

In addition to the boxes of chocolates that I give to the 2 youngest kids every year (the older ones are late teens to 20 years old), I'm thinking of getting a large blackforest cake for them.

What gifts are you giving this year that you are excited about? It doesn't have to be material, it could be carolling to an old folks homes, singing in a cantata in church or simply visiting someone you haven't seen in ages.

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Dec, 2015
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am spending time with my partner. That's the best gift for me.

Xenia and Beanie Girl like this.
  3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

The best gift for me is for the world to cease any conflict and no loss of lives.

Xenia and Beanie Girl like this.
  4. Beanie Girl

Beanie Girl Well-Known Member

I'm so happy! I managed to snag some great bargains at my local Coles today for the chocolates.
    Ferrero Rocher 375g for 40% off - $11 per box.
    I grabbed 3 boxes and 2 Cadbury chocolate stockings for $8.
    I'm so overjoyed when I feel I'm not getting ripped off by the supermarkets for choccies before Christmas..
    Then I grabbed some boxes of cherries - $8.50 for 1 kg box. Yeah man!
    So a box of Ferrero Rocher for the family and cherries too.

Once I showed up at the door and called out 'Hello', the littlest girl went, 'Ooooh it's (Beanie Girl)!!!!'
    She and the little boy were jumping up and down in anticipation.
    Their eyes lit up and grew wide when they saw the golden boxes of Ferrero Rocher.
    The little girl gushed, 'Oh I lurrrrve Ferrero Rocher!'
    The little boy beamed his happiness and declared, 'Wish you a very merry Christmas, (Beanie)!!!!'
    His shy smile spreading across his face as the realisation began to dawn that he had BOTH a box of Ferrero Rocher and a Cadbury chocolate stocking as well. He looked as if he couldn't believe it.
    Made my night, really :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Dec, 2015
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I'm very impressed with the ladies who will be taking my sister and some others to the local Leagues Club for a special Christmas lunch on Christmas Day. My sister is happier having a little party like that than having to drive kms all over the place and our family is all over the place. Yes they are being paid but it is still generous of them to be available on that day. Some people are very generous.
    Yesterday a new neighbour knocked on the door with a little bag full of chocolates.She was giving a little bag to everyone in the street. How sweet. She has just moved into town from living on a farm. Country people.

Property Twins, Xenia and Beanie Girl like this.
  6. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

That's wonderful beanie.
    Giving is the best feeling ever.

I have a cousin who is a mortgage broker in Adelaide. Every Saturday morning she buys a bunch of flowers and looks for random people to give them to. Rich, poor, middle whatever, just random women. It makes people happy and creates a good energy. She is a happy person and pulls in clients abundantly - due to that positve vibe.

I love random acts of kindness.

I was once driving and saw a man standing at a bus stop when it suddenly started to rain. There was no shelter. I turned back and offered him the umbrella that was in my car, he asked for an address to rerun it and I said, no keep it, I won't need it today, I'm in the car and I will buy another one when I'm at the shops.

We were once going out for lunch when we passed a homeless man in the street. My son asked him if he was hungry and he said yes and he would like a meat pie with sauce. We took him one and a drink and some money.

I gave my car to my brother in law when his broke down. We had a spare company car and we're going to sell one anyway. Helping him was worth more than the $10k we would get for a trade in. He still has it.

We actually give everything away, I don't believe in garage sales - there is more pleasure in giving things away after you can no longer use them.

Kids stuff is always appreciated, prams, cots, toddler beds, toddler tables - all given away.

7. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Best gift is to see my family happy enjoying the Nutcracker performance last night in San Francisco. Off to golden gate bridge today.

Xenia, WattleIdo and Beanie Girl like this.
  8. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

My 6 year old insisted we go to Kmart a few weeks back to buy a gift for the wishing tree. She is already a very giving and thoughtful person which makes me feel very proud.

On a materialistic side, I'm looking forward to my kids opening their presents tomorrow morning. My youngest is 3 and he totally gets Christmas this year.

9. 4point5million

4point5million Well-Known Member

I have just got back from indo and on my last day I bought all the village kids some pencils pens markers and notebooks because they love to draw!
    I'm not expecting anything in return but I would love some miraculous CG so I can kiss my job goodbye finally lol

ellejay and Beanie Girl like this.
  10. Doncossack

Doncossack Active Member

Seriously, I am getting a bit annoyed with people continuously giving my 4 year old chocolates and sweets. Some days he collects a pocketful which we end up throwing away.

I am not a total food nazi and try to restrict rubbish food to special occasions or treats. He would be just as happy if he were to be given a banana or an apple.

11. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I've been given some things recently which I'll put down to good karma. I've won them actually. Won a luggage set which I picked up today and also a camel back. Both through Facebook pages. Not bad me thinks! :D

I also did a little more giving at iga, bought a cake for the young checkout dude. He said no originally then I told him to put in the staff room. He didn't know what to do and wasn't sure if you could take, I told him to put it in the staff room for everyone, any problems I'll be back in again soon enough :)

Also found a local family for the hamper my daughter put together, mother and 2 girls doing it tough living with their aunty at the moment.