What are the top advantages of a gas fireplaces?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Peter Brown, 6th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Peter Brown

Peter Brown New Member

Hello, I am newbie here.

I am interested about gas fireplace and want to bring one for my home, want to know the top benefits by real user.

Thanks in Advance.

2. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

The expensive ones look good.

Natascha and Peter Brown like this.
  3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Ive just been through this exercise so I can answer that yes, you should just about be able to make 5K work....or close to it . It will be entry level though. You wont get a larger heater or a landscape shaped heater for 5K, if that's what you are after.

You can find a few heater units for under 5K, but dont forget that you will need to allow for gas and installation as well ....

Installation costs can vary wildly, so get a few quotes . Also think about what you want the installation to look like. do you want floor to ceiling? do you want a TV recess? Do you want a mantle? Or do you want a flat wall so you can change TV sizes at a later date. A recess means you are forever restricted by the dimensions of the recess.

Brand wise.... the very best is LOPI. But there are several excellent brands such as Escea. Jetmaster. Regency.

Lopi Wood & Gas Fireplaces Australia. LOPI has a showroom in Norwest/Bella Vista where you can go and see all their models , but they don't sell to the public.

As you are in Sydney, these are the retailers I'd recommend you visit to see all the brands and options.

Fireplace Designs & Wood Heaters for Sale - Jetmaster

Heater BBQ and Pizza Oven Sydney | Hawkesbury Heating

LPG & Natural Gas Heaters

Here's what we did... when we built it out we did not use a recess. The wall mounted TV is 65 inch OLED but the wall allows for up to 77 inch in future . The mantle ( which I had made to size from glass reinforced concrete) provides a fire proof barrier against the heat damaging the TV, and a handy home for the centre channel speaker. Dont forget to have a little trap door built into one side so that you can access cables :)

2017-07-25 14.36.06.jpg 2017-07-27 09.48.44.jpg 2017-07-28 11.33.52.jpg 2017-09-09 08.24.24.jpg 2017-09-09 08.25.22.jpg 2017-09-09 08.27.10.jpg

2017-10-10 17.56.20.jpg

as far as the benefits go.... extraordinary, glorious, heat.

They also look fantastic

Last edited: 6th Jul, 2018
    Bola2000 and craigc like this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If you have the room and budget, put shelving either side of the fireplace (If you build out the fireplace like @euro73).

5. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Wood fires are too much work IMO - and wood is expensive to buy in Sydney.
    They smell, the neighbours complain about the smoke, the ash, and having to cart the wood around - gas will be much easier.

6. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

On a chilly winter's evening

[​IMG]