NSW What are Investor Properties (new property) and are they good?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by trustnoone, 21st May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. trustnoone

trustnoone Well-Known Member

Hi all, as per the title I noticed a few advertisements around that are apparently "Investor Properties". Asking the agent apparently you get to buy a property and not have to pay stamp duty, is this right?

Is there anything bad about buying these properties? I saw another that is apparently mixed (owner and investor), are they basically the same as any other apartment property?

Just noting I'm not actually looking at buying one, just never heard of these before so was a little interested in how they all work and when i google online people only talk about already tenanted properties.

Thanks all

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I can't think of what this could be. Do you have a link?

3. trustnoone

trustnoone Well-Known Member

Cheers mate, looks like the advertisement has changed a bit as it used to say "for first time investors" but the apartments are still around, they're:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-wentworthville-131779550
    https://www.realestate.com.au/project/23-25-toongabbie-road-toongabbie-600028970

The reply I had when asking about the first one (was by a different agent then) was:

Hi [name],
    You are right for investors benefit of stamp duty by government .
    For first home buyer no benefits but if they want to buy they can buy.

For the second one (again different agent) they said that it was the government ensuring housing availability for the area to bring people in or similar?