What age do use plan to retire ?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Drunkanbarbarian, 16th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not LOE, I don't know any investors who have achieved this successfully??? But I could be wrong??

Not fully paid properties??? though I own a few of these

I would Focus on being an active investor rather than passive investor, take control rather than waiting and hoping on growth. Set and forget wont cut it in current financial climate IMO unless you have a spare 30 years.

One strategy would be to add value to properties such as developing property, renovating, look at diversifying in States across Australia where markets may be rising increase your chances of growing capital/increasing equity.

Chip away, start with baby steps, perhaps a property where you can utilise land and build at rear increase cashflow and capital. It requires ongoing research, more time and effort but risk reward may be far greater

MTR:)

Gypsyblood and josh123 like this.
  2. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

LOE is very difficult if not possible in practical terms these days - lending requirements are so stringent now that to qualify for LOE you would effectively need to have a portfolio with such extreme cash flow that it would make no sense to even bother LOEing. (ie, think having to earn 200k+ cash flow p.a from your portfolio to potentially even borrow for equity. really depends on the exact situation how much CF would be required)

3. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

I don't believe in retirement. I like working PT in meaningful work that you love so much you don't notice the day passing, then the other 4 days a week I spend time with family and friends and swim at the beach

4. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

@Poppy Remember though, that everyone's version of "retirement" can be different. What you just described, probably looks exactly like retirement to some others. :D

Ace in the Hole likes this.
  5. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Exactly, every has different retirement goals.
    Some will simply be too busy with activities that they'll be forced into retirement because there is simply not enough time available for work.

hobo likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia