What a joke! 155k net income yet only saves 6k a year in a 3p family

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by The Gambler, 5th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

All the migrant kids, only kidding! Personally, worked in a kitchen and then their shop too....

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Your probably not wrong about the migrant kids. Although my grandparents were not migrants. I went to a Vietnamese shop in Melbourne years ago and the kid eho served me was so young he had to stand on a stool to reach the till. He was keying up the sale with one hand and taking my money with the other hand and had the correct change out before the till calculated the change. Then he gone to stack shelves. I was standing there staring at the change in my hand wondering what just happened. That kid was a gun! I was so impressed. :)

Jelly01 likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My parents didn't have a shop but Mum did a mountain of volunteer work. I always helped out, so I could Event Manage (and later Project Manage) from the age of about 15. She also ran the household just like running a business or a shop, I believe that was an incredibly valuable experience for me. Later, post banking and young kids, I did a Business Management Diploma at TAFE with the aim to learn how to use computers. I learned heaps of other useful things too.

4. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

If you go back to the shop you will probably find he now owns the building

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it. Smart kid

6. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Sounds like the kind of bloke who should be managing my money!
    Getting a personal loan at 13% interest for a car, instead of a secured car loan at 5%.
    Genius!....