Health & Family WFH and kids

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Gockie, 25th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

FB_IMG_1587765283485.jpg

There must be some funny things going on :)

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I was told by someone in our street that he was on a video link with work when his youngest daughter (aged 8) wandered in with no shirt on. He had to try to shoo her away.

3. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I’ve learnt to embrace it.. I don’t go into a different room anymore to get away from coworkers..
    Most people on the phone laugh, if they get uptight about it, my care factor = zero :cool:

Lizzie and Gladys like this.
  4. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

I've got the reverse - as a teacher, I'm working at school, but video conferencing with my students (high schoolers), who are learning from home. I've now met lots of mums, the occasional dad, a brother having his brekkie, and the family dog from quite a few households. Plus, I've come to appreciate that my daughter's bedroom is pristine in comparison to many of her peers!

But, the most surprising thing to see is the number of kids who are now itching to get back to school - not just to see their friends, but also see their teachers. It's nice to feel valued.

5. Gockie

We've been using Microsoft teams for our meetings and about 4 or 5 days ago they made an update to the software so whatever is in the background can be substituted with another scene like an office or a beach etc if you choose to do so.

This would have been the answer to his problem :)

6. Gockie

Now substitute the words "daughter" and "brother" with the word coworker. (Or "Male coworker"/"female coworker" if you like.) The anecdotes start to have funny twist!

7. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Fear not. They'll get over it.

KayTea and Gockie like this.
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Junior is busting to get back to school - not only to see her friends, but she has great teachers who she has an excellent academic relationship with, and is keenly missing the face to face interaction that cannot be replicated via videolink

Angel and KayTea like this.