Sports & Fitness Wet suit

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by EN710, 28th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

3'2 sealed for winter in Sydney 4'3 sealed for winter in vic. You might also like to consider buying booties to keep your feet warm.

The first number refers to the thickness of the suit around the torso and the second number refers to the thickness around the rest.

Most brands have a top of the line, mid range and bottom end suit.

If you haven't had much experience with a wetsuit go the back zip - easier to get into and out of (although slightly less warm).

Get a female suit as men and women have different body shapes

If all you're doing is paddling around for a bit then your budget is about right and I think Peak offers good value for money. If you actually wan to to do some serious or semi serious ocean swimming on a regular to semi regular basis then I recommend Rip Curl Flashbomb: warmest, fastest drying and most flexible - they are super exy, but the best: it's what I use.

The Y-man and EN710 like this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Super late update. We finally managet to drag our bottom to go to a shop... I tried Patagonia and love it (but it's an exercise to get in!), just waiting for a sale.... Hubby need to try other brand.

3. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

If it's easy to get into it's probably too big. Patagonia make some good quality stuff too.

EN710 likes this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I've seen some good buys at second hand places like Cash Convertors. Good time of year for it.
    Just need to be lucky and find one in your size.

EN710 likes this.