Wesuck - from the sublime to the ridiculous "service" levels

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Rolf Latham, 24th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Just got off a failed call to the WBC Credit Hotline - which isnt operating at the moment.

For the majority of brokers in Australia...................

WBC recorded message said you can expect your file to be picked up in 30 days :)

Business days ..........

ta
    rolf

Seerat Hussain, Lindsay_W and Terry_w like this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Got to pay those fines somehow - cut costs anywhere and everywhere!

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

pretty sad really, good product mix with ok pricing and some policy niches

ta
    rolf

Terry_w likes this.
  4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

They should get some tips from an organisation with vastly superior phone hotlines

Like say, Centrelink...

craigc, datto and KayTea like this.
  5. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Been ongoing for a while now, and no end in sight it seems, I was advised by my BDM they put on additional 400 staff to assist with processing, hasn't made a dent.

6. Rolf Latham

suck it up and shut the doors to new business for a few weeks ?

ta
    rolf

Lindsay_W and Terry_w like this.
  7. Lindsay_W

STG Asset finance advised us today not to submit any more deals due to current capacity :eek: we don't use 'em anyway but still surprising to see.

8. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

We had a discussion with them yesterday. We have zero debt, fully owned PPOR, but we’re looking for loan for possible future investment property purchase.

Not a PAYG earner, so don’t fit in their box to tick.

She said if we’ve got so much money why don’t we go travelling the world!

ANZ no better, she told us if we get a loan we have to pay it back! Also we have to pay stamp duty, and rates! Who knew?

It’s good to know they are not just providing great service (not) they are also teaching me sooooooooo much.

I think their motto is “We’re not satisfied until you’re not satisfied.”

Codie, Bon_E, inertia and 4 others like this.
  9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Not broking related but I'm dealing with a govt dept (just as valid on service quality).

Recently noticed that my licence category was incorrect, dept said "you'll have to sit a new course".

Rant & rave... "I'll refer to supervisor/line manager"....

"We don't have your ABN as you are not a Pty Ltd company, computer says 'No'..."

Rant & rave... "It'll take a few days to process the change"

It was updated in the system within ½ hour.

Same mob....

Apply for a corporate licence in Victoria during lockdown - licence granted in 3 weeks.

Apply for a corporate licence in NSW no lockdown - 56 business days waiting time, the website gets updated to 81 days processing time. So much for wanting to be able to do business.

Millie likes this.
  10. Lindsay_W

You picked the two worst lenders for a cash out currently.
    Suggest using a broker for what you're looking to do, unless you have a lot of time on your hands, just a thought.

Millie likes this.
  11. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

Thanks, have the time, but don’t have the mental energy.

12. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I had a WBC rate expiry in March. I waited until May and then just told them I wanted a payout figure to go to NAB who offered me a better deal and a $3K "thank you". (Lie) Within in 24 hours they were able to match (and better the rate by a fair bit) and also credited me with $3000....and backdated the rate to the date the other loan expired. And they also corrected the "in advance" amount as they had insisted I keep paying the old amount not to be "in arrears" o_O and credited that correctly to a offset. with the $3K.

They have one job. How did they do on my review ? when I gave one out of ten. I only gave one as zero out of ten isnt a option !! I was asked why I gave a low score. Because they had one job and didnt do it. The guy I dealt with was offended given he had helped me. Yes but only after two months. Toughen up !! Tell your boss not me.

It must be hard to transition from an army of cheap offshore workers paid in pesos to real people in Australia. Its easier not to bother and hope the phillipines "gets over" covid. I had a discussion with AGL last night and they flicked it back to a local worker. He admitted their phillipines workers are about 1/10th of what they were and they are employing more and more locals as a result. They are moving back onshore !!

Called Qantas lately ? Offshore workers !!

Pingu1988 and Stoffo like this.
  13. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The problem is they're asking you to rate the individual you're dealing with, who might be the person who solves your problem. A few low ratings and that individual doesn't get their annual bonus or might even loose their job.

They're not asking you to rate the system the leads to the problem in the first place. The corporate powers behind it are only interested in making money from you, not delivery customer satisfaction. They'll only treat you nicely when you do threaten them.

At this point I'm simply not sending applications to Westpac or subsidiaries. Other lenders have had the same challenges with terrible service levels this year and ultimately managed to get on top of it. Besides, it's not hard to find a comparible or better lender anyway.

Pingu1988 and Baker like this.
  14. essendonfan

essendonfan Well-Known Member

I find it really hard to understand how brokers are still sending applications there. Most have 25-30 lenders, you should be able to find a like for like supplier.

15. Lindsay_W

@ 90% no LMI for Lawyers there's not many alternatives, the other option is ANZ which is also very slow although not as bad.
    With Best Interest Duty you need to justify choosing a worse lender & product mix with a quicker timeframe, not too bad for a purchase with a finance clause and settlement date to meet, not so much for a refi.

16. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

You make a great point PT. Nearly every time I have dealt with frontline bank staff in person or on the phone they have been extremely helpful and pleasant. I go out of my way to give positive feedback , have even used social media to single out individual staff - why? Because I want them to keep their job, and I want them to be in my favour next time I’m chasing what I want.

I understand and have felt Paul’s annoyance for the same reasons. But don’t hate the player, hate the game!