Western Sydney Property Group Reviews?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Jester, 22nd Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jester

Jester Active Member

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has bought properties of the Western Sydney Property Group (previously Bathla Group) recently or knows anyone who has?
    We saw some houses they had for sale in Schofields and The Ponds. They seemed decent in terms of price but from a quick look the finish and fittings wasn't great. We were advised that they still had to be finished.

Reviews online seems to be mixed with some good reviews of late. Would appreciate it if anyone has any insight about the company and the the quality of houses built by them.

Thanks

2. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

One of my clients bought from them a few years ago and were happy enough. One thing to factor is that they tend to buy sites where the houses are built first and once fully completed, the land is then subdivided ready for sale. It took nearly as long for the titling to occur than it did to build the house. In this declining property market that is a concern. A bank lends you money based on the valuation at completion, not the contract price you buy for. So if titling takes a while, the value of the property could fall and you'd need to find more cash to complete the purchase.

3. Jester

Jester Active Member

Thanks for that @beachgurl . I look into when the titling will be complete. I'm hoping it is already as the properties I saw were just single houses within a street where some houses were occupied already.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th May, 2019
  4. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

From what I understand, they're known for very cheap quality builds. I would recommend doing plenty of DD.

5. Arvin

Arvin New Member

my younger brother bought townhouse from them in 2013. They are not really happy with build lot of problems in it and not much price growth.

6. Amit Naidu

Amit Naidu New Member

I bought a project house from them about 2 and half years ago.

The house has had simplest and dumbest issues.
    Powerpoint installed under fridge tap.
    Top of the door not painted.. reason cause no one can see it.
    bathroom leaking
    floorboards damaged due to water leaks. Was told, don't worry about changing it, no one can see it since your bed is there.
    Cheap power points and fuses.
    outdoor screws and furniture damaged within 2 months.
    The stairs have pins sitting out of them, so many time my kids have been hurt by it. Their repair guys will just hammer the pins in until they pop out again.
    stormwater drain are way above ground level.
    The turf was not laid correctly.

During our warranty period, if we logged a call for 5 times, at best 3 items will be fixed. And 5 more will appear. They never get everything fixed. The items that were fixed, we later realised it was just a bandaid to get them out of the warranty period. In some cases, they caused more damage. In the end, I got my own handy and electrician to fix up the house that is still not right.

Would have been easier to buy an older house as you go into expectation to fix it. Unlike when buying a brand new house.

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Jul, 2020
  7. NewGuy88

NewGuy88 Well-Known Member

I would always recommend as part of your due diligence checks, get a pre-purchase building inspection report prior to purchasing anything brand new.

At least you will know if there are any structural or major defects prior purchasing ... Unfortunately "build quality" in both houses & units is not like it used to be ...

Jacque likes this.
  8. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

Bathla are one of the biggest players around. If the price is right people will buy from them. They are definitely selling

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Why don't people equate cheap with lacking in quality?