West Pennant Hills - advice, potential

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Blue Cat, 31st May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Blue Cat

Blue Cat Member

Hello friends,

What are your thoughts on West Pennant Hills? After a few months of disappointment with auctions and failed offers on property in our preferred Epping/Eastwood locations, we've decided to widen our search area for a PPOR. My research on the suburb doesn't tell me too much as its a huge suburb with a wide range of property, even a $42million private estate! I noticed prices vary a lot in WPH and there are a number of pockets and estates.

Came across this property - 115 Hull Road West Pennant Hills NSW 2125 - House for Sale #122798822 - realestate.com.au Its seems like good value compared to nearby suburbs, also comfortably within our price range and gives us room to spend on renovation/potentially rebuild. Google maps show its within walking distance, around 2km to Beecroft or Pennant Hills Stations. Level land is appealing as we plan to knock down and rebuild in the future, although 500sqm is not a big block, land of that size would easily fetch <$400k in Epping/Eastwood. Just not sure about the area/location, growth potential and would appreciate your feedback.

I grew up in Carlingford but never ventured to West Pennant Hills, will drive around the area to get a feel this weekend.

This also came up in a Google search on the property - Magpie attack on Walker - 115 Hull Road, West Pennant Hills NSW 2125 I've read about backyard bush turkeys on this forum but magpies are not as docile!

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Just going off what I see that's a really good price, once they finish the link between M1 and M2 the trucks will get off Pennant Hills Rd.
    I would seriously consider it if I was looking and on a budget. Note the bedrooms arent massive, and there doesn't seem to be much yard, so I think that's why the price is what it is.

Last edited: 31st May, 2016
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Brush turkeys enjoy destroying gardens :(

I don't have problems with our magpies, they come down whenever we dig in the gardens.

4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

WPH has gone fom nowhere land to comfortable middle class in 25 years. I have a friend who has done very well there.

5. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

The area around/behind Coonara Ave is a bit more desirable than Hull/Cardinal/New Lines Rd and I'm sure the prices reflect that.

6. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I like this one much better than the Eastwood one.

How can you have grown up in Carlingford but never have been to West Penno? I go there every other day.

7. Gockie

Well, I have an aunty who spent $2mill on a house in WPH last year... I think it must be in another part of WPH, but this for 900k appears to be very underpriced in my eyes. If you're keen i'd ask to do something before the weekend...

8. Ethantheeel

Ethantheeel Active Member

I grew up in this area however moved away due to work. I studied at the local High School which still has an excellent reputation. A lot of my mates live in the area you are looking at and love it. It is quiet and people take care of their properties. It's close to everything. A great place to bring up a family. Property has always done well there. To me it seems very reasonably priced. Go for it.

9. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

10. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

11. Gockie

samiam likes this.
  12. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

There is a pocket of housing commission located at 500-502 Pennant Hills Road. Also accessable via Boyd Ave. Somewhat close to that location.

The Eastern side of Castle Hill Road is older than the Western side. Its like driving through completely different suburbs.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.