NSW West facing property - natural light

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Jenko21, 5th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jenko21

Jenko21 Member

Hi All, I am looking at buying a property in Sydney which is West facing. It will be a fairly densely populated area once another 3 x two-storey houses are built in the next street, which are located NE from the front of the house. The property is 300 metres squared and is about 2 years old. Looking for some advice on impacts regarding natural lighting and how I could improve this if I purchase the property.

I did some research regarding issues with a West facing property including intense sun in Summer coming through the front windows, however due to the property boom, I currently do not have many options if I would like to purchase on either side of Old Windsor Road, Sydney.

I am mostly concerned about lack of solar access, and therefore minimal natural light throughout the day and also impacts on mould buildup. Would skylights improve/fix the issue?

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

If mould builds up zap it with the intense heat in the afternoon!! Straight in through front windows! Seriously, i think if you solve the heat problems in summer it should be good.

I have skylights and find they are heat traps in summer, so be careful what you choose. Sounds like you are on a good track.

I thought only poms in soggy England worried about natural light. I am always looking for dark and shade