Wesley mission queensland subletting?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Elives, 10th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

Hi All,

My property manager has told me that wesley mission Queensland is interested in renting out my property what they do is basically sub let to tenants who cannot afford private rentals, here are the terms they sent to my property manager,

"Wesley Mission Queensland understand and agree to be responsible for the properties upkeep and Lake responsibility for the rent to be paid and any damages made by sub-tenants.

Wesley Mission Queensland will make rental payments on the first of the month.

Wesley Mission Queensland will be paying the bond and advanced rent.

Wesley Mission Queensland will take full responsibility and liability to any damages that may occur from sub tenants.

Wesley Mission Queensland will ensure the property is maintained and handed back at the end of the lease agreement in the same condition it was when the lease agreement started. (fair wear and tear to be considered)

Wesley Mission Queensland will take full responsibility for the tenants that they sub lease the property out to.

Wesley Mission Queensland will support the property manager to make any inspections and routine maintcnancc and liaise with the tenants."

my main concern is that subletting voids building & landlord insurance, i let my property manager know about my concern and she wasn't very fussed by it and recommended going a head when i brought up the clauses above they wanted to add to the standard tenancy agreement she said she would re-word to to not use the word "sub-letting" so it would show on the lease only 1 tenant on the agreement and no sub-letting clauses.

i'm PRO wesley mission as it's great terms but i wanted to know what your opinions were and if anyone has been in a similar situation?

Cheers, Elives

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Hey Elives

Contact your insurer or find one who will cover the 'risk'.

These tenants are in need but the rent risk is covered by the agency ie Wesley not the tenant. Rent reviews are within reason but your dealing with a professional on the agency side which makes pushing for an increase more readily accepted if within budget ie annual cpi etc, issues are dealt with from head offi office not the tenant - hmmm. They even cover vacancy peroliods if they change tenants. Grab the longest lease term you can.

3. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

Hi Scott, yea i agree they've offered 6 months and will go from there. i've had to go through a insurance broker as it's a tricky one. they've asked me to send me the lease. which i'm waiting a couple of days to receive back from wesley and will go from there.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.