Werrington - Kings Central

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by PropInv123, 20th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PropInv123

PropInv123 New Member

Lendlease are releasing a new estate in Werrington NSW. You can only choose from two builders - Eden Brae and Creation Homes.
    Estate is 5 min walk to the station, close to Nepean Hospital, Western Sydney Uni, 5 min drive to St Mary’s station and 10 min drive to Westfield Penrith.
    Expected handover of Stage 1 homes expected in Dec 2023.
    I believe it is great location considering all of the above and with St Mary’s station getting major upgrades in the next 5 years, prices in Werrington will also go up.
    Has anyone else looked into this estate? If you could share your thoughts that’d be great.

2. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

What is the pricing for this?

3. PropInv123

PropInv123 New Member

Range from $650-950K. Official price list to be released soon. Lots are really small with max at 400 sqm.

4. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

Quite a wide range. I am no expert but if it costs $950k for a 400sqm I would probably look elsewhere. With that budget you can get some nicely renovated house around the area, on a much larger piece of land. Even with a budget of $800k there are some solid options which are arguably better than the King Central stuff.

Of course a different consideration may apply if you are buying as a PPOR.

5. PropInv123

PropInv123 New Member

Yes I agree. I researched on it last monthsand came to the same conclusion. Why spend more money on new construction when it is going to be an IP. Might as well soend money on buying bigger block.

6. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

If you buy this at $950k it would likely take you a long time to catch up on the capital growth.

If it were Mirvac I would probably think differently - the Mirvac stuff is just always built well and therefore justifies the premium (and people appreciate their work).

7. vspavan26

vspavan26 Member

@Kevbo

can you suggest which suburbs are better than KC at 8-950k budget?
    I am also a fan of bigger land concept but its just that i cant find anything descent for less than a million anywhere in 50 kms radius of cbd(apart from south west)

please advice

8. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I have a client who has been looking there as a ppr. The ability to walk to the station is big. While it doesnt seem like that thru covid, eventually a large population will be expected to commute to the city or Parra again.

The top end seems a bit pricey but things are getting expensive out that way now. Estates like this would be gentrifying the area too.

9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

More big homes on little blocks with only one garage. While it's just my opinion, I really think there needs to be parking for at least two cars for a four bedroom car.

10. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

Not expressing a view as to whether the price of this St Clair property is reasonable, but the property debatably represents better value than KC due to the larger land size.

https://m.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-st+clair-136421614

Maybe also consider these:
    https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-st+clair-136739150
    https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-werrington+county-136266322

If you are buying a PPOR, you got to buy something that is suitable for your family (in terms of interior design, proximity to public transport, etc.). If KC works for your family, then go for it. From an investment angle a property with larger land is generally better than a brand new house on a tiny land.

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

St Clair is great for convenience to the M4. Werrington is good for access to train. I'd prefer St Clair, any day of the week.

12. Tyla

Tyla Well-Known Member

Have you looked at Penrith, Kingswood, Cambridge Park and so on? You could even score a decent size land within walking distance to a train station.

13. vspavan26

vspavan26 Member

Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

@Kevbo

What do you think the primary schools in the suburbs mentioned above? My son is almost 2 years old now. Just a tad worried about the school he goes to.

14. vspavan26

vspavan26 Member

Thanks @Tyla

what do you think about the schools in these areas? Is it safe to live here? I have heard bad things about west but thats from four years ago. Is that feedback still true?

Tyla likes this.
  15. Tyla

Tyla Well-Known Member

I don't have firsthand experience about local primary or secondary schools. You might want to check school rankings and reviews. Penrith High School is a selective, there are Catholic schools in the area as well. Lots of spending for infrastructure. If you have a chance (I know it's hard with lockdowns), drive around and try to get the vibe and see if you like or not.

16. vspavan26

vspavan26 Member

thanks @Tyla . Like you said, its particularly hard with the lockdowns and i am a first home buyer. Its hard to be confident about purchasing a property without a good understanding of the area

Tyla likes this.
  17. Tyla

Tyla Well-Known Member

Been there and done that. You are in the best place to learn these stuffs here. Good luck!!

vspavan26 likes this.
  18. skater

skater Well-Known Member

My kids are well past school age now, so my comments on schools is irrelevant, however we live in St Clair. It's a very nice area, good neighbours, so presumably the schools are great as well. Daughter lives in Werrington, near the station. There's a rough element that frequents the area from time to time. The area where the KC subdivision is going, there is a walking track that runs through it, to get to the Uni.

When you say you've heard bad things about the West, you are being too generic. There are good areas and there are bad areas........just as there is in other parts of Sydney.

Tyla and vspavan26 like this.
  19. vspavan26

vspavan26 Member

@Kevbo @skater @Tyla

How do you like the idea of buying a 500-600m2 block for about $700K and go for a knockdown rebuild?

What are the expenses involved(knock down, council approvals/costs, any other costs involved). Please advise.

20. vspavan26

vspavan26 Member

@Kevbo @skater @Tyla

How do you like the idea of buying a 500-600m2 block(with an existing home in it) for about $700K and go for a knockdown rebuild?

What are the expenses involved(knock down, council approvals/costs, any other costs involved). Please advise.