VIC Werribee Werribee!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Westie, 6th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinson

Vinson Member

Please share more info about the acz in different councils, diagrams/maps would be highly appreciated.

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

go to the other thread - but what do you want to see ? and what are you looking to buy?

3. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

4. Herb

Herb Member

How do immigrants and none English speaking people afford to buy these houses at any cost?

5. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

What the...?! What does English have to do with buying a damn property? It's not like you've got to take a language test before they let you bid/buy something.

6. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

meanwhile in Sydney

upload_2017-10-31_10-33-11.png

Westie likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb Member

Then who the **** reads the advertisement, organises the finance and paperwork? The Foreign exchange? Or the book of English?.

8. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

I can clearly smell some jealousy emanating. The ads are pretty simple to read, grade level English is more than enough, it's not like the ads are written in PhD level English, tons of brokers out there that speak multiple languages and cater for all sorts of buyers. Focus on your goals mate, don't stress about other buyers. We're in a huge country with huge opportunities if you look well enough. Take it easy.

9. private_number

private_number Well-Known Member

Immigrants are the hardest working people I have actually ever met. They are hungry people who come to Australia for a better life. They appreciate this country as it is a hell of a lot better than most of the countries they originated on and so, they see the HUGE opportunities that this country can offer.

I think this quote is appropriate here, "Only a fool would underestimate a man with nothing to lose.”

Immigrants often come from another country with NOTHING. They often have degrees in other countries however it means NOTHING here. They get thrown into a brand new society and culture where they know NOTHING and work like dogs for them to become SOMETHING. They don't complain, they are happy to do jobs and work hours other people aren't happy to do and they don't buy lavish things, go on holidays and most importantly they live a simple life.

codeninja, JProperty and Westie like this.
  10. JProperty

JProperty Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the progress on the underground railways in Werribee? Will make it much easier to get to than Hoppers.

11. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Underground rail? In Werribee?! o_O

12. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Looks like someone's snagged a bargain in Werribee this past weekend, given how hot the area's been.
    werribee.png
    To be fair though, this property isn't walk-able to any amenity. The hospital is a few mins driving up the road, so is Hoppers train station. Good location for when the education precinct finally takes off. Again, decent buy in the so called south side of Werribee. This would've fitted your budget nicely @rapr.

rapr likes this.
  13. JProperty

These crossings are going to be removed from Werribee.

Werribee Street, Werribee | Crossings | Level Crossing Removal Project
    Cherry Street, Werribee | Crossings | Level Crossing Removal Project

All the houses on Market Rd and streets branching off it will do nicely out of this.

Looks like a few properties in Market Road have been selling.

37 Market Road - 864m^2 for $851,500
    1/59 Market Road - 270m^2 for $334,000

The whole city centre is being majorly invested in. I'd say this is the last chance before the avg house in this area is sub $700k. It is a great place to live.

Westie likes this.
  14. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links, I learned something today.

While it's a great place to invest in, not sure about the great place to live idea. The termite inspector that usually does the inspections (Termguard) at my house every year, has lived in the Werribee/Hoppers area his entire life and he calls the Market Road area Stab Central. That said, I was at the auction for two adjoining properties 141 and 143 Market Road earlier this year, they sold at auction for a combined total of ~$850k, land area being about 1100sqm. So the market is definitely strong.

15. Sheikht

Sheikht Member

I attended the auction just out of interest as I recently bought an IP in close proximity in the same street. The condition of the property was not great but liveable. It is also weatherboard house, within the court bell mouth, therefore the frontage is comparative narrow on a curve. However imo this was a great buy in the given market. This area is also marked for RGZ (residential growth zone) and will be directly opposite the much talked about Australian Education City. Anyway this sale price dampened my investment enthusiasm a little bit as it made my buy not a great one :(

16. saray4

saray4 Well-Known Member

Is it rezoned to RGZ recently or yet to be rezoned? It's GRZ according to planning maps.

17. Sheikht

Sheikht Member

This area has been identified as 'Substantial Change Area' in Wyndham Council's Housing and Neighbourhood Character Strategy which is equivalent to RGZ. Therefore it is proposed to be rezoned as RGZ in near future.
    According to Council website consultation on this Strategy’s implementation and the introduction of proposed residential zones concluded on 17 March 2017. A wide range of issues were raised in submissions. Council officers will consider the issues raised in submissions, and prepare a report for Council’s consideration later this year.

saray4 likes this.
  18. noone

noone Member

More info about this property here, it will have DDO overlay though
    upload_2017-11-7_8-7-2.png

Sheikht likes this.
  19. JProperty

20. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.