VIC Werribee Werribee!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Westie, 6th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

11 Hickory Street Werribee Vic 3030 - House for Sale #126663958 - realestate.com.au

l visited this property with @rapr this past Saturday. Got the potential given its proximity to trains and river. The house though needs a lot of work. There's mould in the ceiling in the bath and laundry. The ceiling also seemed to sag a bit in some areas. The carpets most definitely would need be replaced, a new paint job to liven up the property, new appliances in the kitchen, the bathroom definitely too. There's overgrown shrubbery at the front and possibly at the rear too. The block's 600sqm+, there looks to be room behind the current house to build a unit on if you're looking for subdivision. Not sure of easements, I havent seen the s32. The tree you see in the first picture is huge and would most likely need to taken out to put a house at the back. Its trunk is in the adjoining property but the majority of the foliage seems to be in this property.

Might be worth a lowball offer folks if someone's up for it. Thought I'd put this on here if someone's hunting for a property right now in Werribee.

2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Asking 450k, on 624sq block seems like a great price if what you say is true. I reckon that's to low and stategy play by agent.

3. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

4. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Maybe, but a property on Mortimer St (I believe is in the ACZ) by the same agent sold for $377k two-three weeks ago. That house needed reno too, so this maybe a steal if someone gets it for sub-$450k.

Barny likes this.
  5. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

I believe that was a 377sq block at that price.

6. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Yep, that explains it then.

7. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

Can any of the locals out there point to maybe 3 top investment current listings and give a prediction of how much you think should go for? Interest especially in ACZ and land over 600 with no big trees.

8. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

@kaibo - how about you do the homework yourself, filter the properties and then ask a more informed question? You'd be much more likely to get a response you're after. Going by past sales, I'd reckon anywhere from $380k to $700k or more (depending on land size, current property's condition and what not). I believe @Becs paid $570k+ (?) for a property in decent knick just in/out of the ACZ about a month ago.

9. rook2017

rook2017 Well-Known Member

Maybe you can filter by 'no trees' if such option is available on any real estate websites:D?

10. Riba7

Riba7 New Member

I'm a buyers agent that works in the Werribee area, I purchased a property in Wyndham Vale in March 2017 for $335K, it's seemed expensive at the time, the same property today would sell close to $500K 8 month later. The market is still going upwards aggressively.

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Oct, 2017
  11. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

just put the streets in the realestate website as a filter based on the ACZ diagram

trees are a minor issue - there are many ways to get rid of them. unless yeah the tree was like what one poster said it joins to the other neighbour's property which I think is super rare.

upload_2017-10-18_14-52-5.png

12. melbournian

570K is a good buy in the ACZ (how big was this?)- this will outperform a lot of suburbs elsewhere in australia.

13. melbournian

being a local in the area - throw us some nice ACZ types property for the rest to review and evaluate

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Oct, 2017
    codeninja and Westie like this.
  14. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

@Becs?

15. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Turns out she's considered a property in the ACZ, but opted for this one in the end: 12 Lauraville Avenue, Werribee, Vic 3030 - Property Details. Nice house, good size block with room behind the house should she decide to sub-divide it later.

16. Becs

Becs Member

17. Becs

Becs Member

18. wa2

wa2 Member

Sydney-Jakarta-Melbourne-Brisbane-Singapore
  19. melbournian

This is suitable for a massive big developer is like a 100-200 apartment site

Seems like I created some awareness here with u guys a lot of others inc a buyers agent can't make numbers stack up lol and Prob dun even the zones to understand what works of dun

20. wa2

wa2 Member

Sydney-Jakarta-Melbourne-Brisbane-Singapore

100% agree with you. Some REA in other areas doesn’t even know that the property is in ACZ.

I follow/learn from people making money, not some other threads where people forwarding news/stats repeatitively without making any $$.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.