VIC Werribee- good areas and areas to avoid

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by IAM, 3rd Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. IAM

IAM Member

Hi Everyone,

Suggestions on good areas and areas to avoid in Werribee. Targeting 500-600 sqm property with budget of 600k with subdivision potential.

Regards,
    IAM

2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

The birdcage (streets with bird names) used to be the worst area but apparently it has improved a bit in the last few years. When i bought a townhouse 2 years ago there i drove around the area and there were some pretty awful looking streets at that stage so be careful. Jason Mantello of Mantello Real Estate helped me buy a property by giving me plenty of advice on the area, viewing some properties for me and in return they manage my townhouse and have done a great job. Perhaps give him a call he is always keen to help investors.

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

4. Ben Chifley

Ben Chifley Well-Known Member

REGARDING the Current Affair story: It was the usual thing about people not being able to leave their homes at night because of the crime. Victoria has certainly had a large increase in property crime and burglary (20%) and the poorer suburbs are bearing the brunt of this.

5. Dishala

Dishala Well-Known Member

How have they performed so far? Tenants?

6. Melba

Melba Member

What budget are you looking at ? Area between station and highway along Duncan’s road is good if looking for PROP.

7. Dishala

Dishala Well-Known Member

Around $450k - 510k so I think the south side might be out of my budget. Avoiding birdcage area, so unsure what's best for my price.

Last edited: 13th Jun, 2021
  8. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I have had the same tenants since 2016. Slight rent increase (only increased by $15 in 5 years). I paid $278k for a 2 bed, 1 bath townhouse - i would get 375k now, tenanted at $300/week.