VIC Werribee 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bruce MacGillivray, 1st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JProperty

JProperty Well-Known Member

This is actually a good price. I'd be tempted to buy that if I could get 4-5% yield.

The other property is too close to the bird cage. No point paying more.

2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

3. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

4. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

44 Purchas Street, Werribee, Vic 3030

This one has been on the market for a while, can't remember the price but they were trying to sell it at last years prices as across the road sold well last year. They can't sell it yet as the market has changed.
    Point is market has moved downwards from last year and prices aren't what they were. Buyers are just waiting and watching.

5. JProperty

JProperty Well-Known Member

Well as someone fairly young I'm happy to wait and make the most of these opportunities. Anything sub $400k id look at for another one. Banks still willing to lend to those who are not overleveraged.

6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about this, I would like to buy another to develop/add value but I'm not sure how long prices will be down. 4% rental returns don't excite me until the market picks up which might take years??? I'm just watching for now.

7. rjw180

rjw180 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing same. Peak I think would have been early this year.

There might be a few strong results coming through but doesn't look like it's the majority.

8. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Prices are definitely off the boil. As Barny's examples show, some of these properties on full sized blocks would of sold around the 500k range 12 months ago, have recently been selling in the 430-450k range.

IMO towards the peak of the cycle there was an influx of would be 'developers' that purchased any site of 600sqm+ for way over the odds... at prices where development would return crazy losses.... This fomo has dropped off now, and this is the product that I'm seeing the have the most decrease in price.

In addition, buyer numbers are down, turnouts to opens are regularly having zero attendees, and the buyers that are active are low balling...

The new home and land prices are looking stable, haven't seen any pullbacks there...it's the older stuff that's wearing the brunt of it at the moment.

9. David6002

David6002 Member

What I’m hearing is Chinese investors have bailed out of Melbourne until this correction bottoms out. Probably the same in Sydney. So markets are only attracting local investors who are having a harder time getting finance. PPOR buyers are probably propping things up a bit but not enough to stave off the correction we had to have.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  10. Fma999

Fma999 Member

38 John Street sold at auction today at 1.423 million.

WXwhyZ and JProperty like this.
  11. WXwhyZ

WXwhyZ Active Member

JProperty likes this.
  12. REinvestmentlearner

REinvestmentlearner Member

Hi

I am a first time investor looking to buy in Werribee. My budget is around 400k. Is it right time or the market is still going down?

13. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Scroll up the thread a bit, looks like things are off the boil as @Connor said. Make a low ball offer on a property with sizable land (600+sqm), within 10mins of the station and see how you go.

14. REinvestmentlearner

REinvestmentlearner Member

I am not living in Melbourne. So I need to hire a buying agent or someone to do that for me. Any suggestions on buyers agents(Its costly) or any other way to make an offer living somewhere else?

15. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Maybe you do, but another way would be to line up a few properties to view for yourself on a Saturday. Nothing better than your own boots on the ground.

16. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Speak to Connor, or melbournian, and come down and take a look. Don't use a buyers agent as there's plenty of stock and sales at the moment. Just wait a little longer whilst gathering all your research. Then start low balling and you will get a good deal. There's plenty of time, don't rush

{Note from mods - thread continues here: Werribee 2019 [VIC]}

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Dec, 2019