VIC Werribee 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bruce MacGillivray, 1st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WXwhyZ

WXwhyZ Active Member

Spiderman likes this.
  2. np999

np999 Well-Known Member

My impression was that the boom in werribee has something to do with the hype around the australian education city (AEC) project, which is still under review. Anyone has heard of any news on its progress?

3. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

Most of the people including buyers and REAs I have talked with in the area do not care about the AEC. I do not think many people have high hope about that project, at least in the short to medium term.

JProperty likes this.
  4. WXwhyZ

WXwhyZ Active Member

While I think it would be a great boon for the area, I'm not convinced the 2016-18 boom in Werribee is strongly linked to the AEC. Werribee has a lot of other positives going for it and is gentrifying. But if anyone has an update on the AEC it would be good to hear it.

5. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

where can you buy in an established suburb for cheaper than H+L,.

Everyone knows interest rates has played a big part in movement but not many people speak about the pay increases for people on minimum wage and the awards that are linked to them. These have steadily gone up by 3% (PA compunded) over the last 10 years. Minimum wages for a full time adult will get to 40K next year and the fact that two people on minimum wage can afford this kind of mortgage is a great thing

Middle management or non award linked wages have been pretty much stagnant

Unless Werribee can leapfrog in desirability just like Box Hill has over Mont Albert North then its growth is restricted if the suburbs that are 600-700K aren't moving up then there is a ceiling for Werribee

6. David6002

David6002 Member

7. WXwhyZ

WXwhyZ Active Member

Hi all, can anyone recommend a highly trusted local plumber? Thanks.

8. hieund85

9. private_number

private_number Well-Known Member

Correct. I agree with this. There are exceptions to the rule, however I feel as most areas of Werribee are close to reaching this ceiling which will be further precipitated by the current state of the residential market.

10. JProperty

JProperty Well-Known Member

We'll have to see. Some of the new projects going on at Churnside Park, Kelly Park and Cherry St seem pretty promising.

There is an independent who is driving support in the area for this election. (Dr Joe Garra) Quite impressed by his campaign and if Tim Pallas feels a bit pressured he might spend up a bit more on the region.

11. JProperty

12. David6002

David6002 Member

hieund85 likes this.
  13. JProperty

hieund85 likes this.
  14. hieund85

I won't sell with that guy no matter what. One of the best agents to buy from :)

15. hieund85

Very poor result. Should get low 5's imo. Although it is a very old weatherboard but the location is good and block size is ok. May get mid to high 5's late 2017 to early 2018. Now market has changed, older houses which need some TLC do not get much demand while shiny renovated houses are still selling pretty well.

Last edited: 29th Oct, 2018
  16. Souup

Souup Member

Had a look at 43 Church St. Rooms had mould on the walls, floorboards were badly damaged in some areas, holes in the walls and the house was sitting on a slope. They conveniently left out pictures of Bedrooms 1 and 2 as well as the ensuite which were in disgusting condition and mostly contained the aforementioned things. It my mind it was a knock-down rebuild job without a doubt. Based on the above I thought 485K was overs considering you'd be paying ~15K+ to knock it down before building. 450K-460K is what I thought was about par.

17. hieund85

Thanks for the details. It makes sense now and I totally agree with you. I did not inspect the house, just looked at the picture so thought it was a bargain :). I will not touch any knock down site now, unless it is an absolute bargain such as 30% BMV.

18. Tats

Tats New Member

Hi, All!
    Guys what do you think of 18 Prouse Place, Werribee, Vic 3030
    Next to the river, close to the station and main st, seems like very nice house.
    Reasonably priced?
    Guys, need your honest opinion on it. Want to buy as a PPOR, not as investment.

19. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

You'd be paying a premium for the reno that's been done, good sized block though. Have you driven around the area? That part of Wezza isn't the best. I reckon you'd get a better bargain on the famed south of Synnot side of the suburb. I suggest you keep looking.

20. Tats

Tats New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Partly agreed, the south side is better, but more expensive as well, paying extra 100K for older houses but cleaner neighborhood, seems like too much. Werribee is cleaning up very quickly and some dodgy streets are getting better every year.
    Agent have told me that this house is 10 years old.

JProperty likes this.