VIC Werribee 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bruce MacGillivray, 1st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

So can you tell me a suburb to invest under $500k or even up to $600k in Melbourne?

2. equityma

equityma Well-Known Member

I'm currently living over the Eastern side and I understand why the East is more favorable than to the West but the East is all saturated.

The west has more room for growth.

It's all depending if you're buying for an IP or a place to live.

I bought a seabrook house as an IP and I will sell my piece of land in Mickleham in order to buy a land in altona north when the former toyota plant will be rezoned to residential area.
    My purpose is to move closer to the city.

for first home buyers I think they don't have much choices but if they delay to buy a house then I think they will have NO choices in the future.

3. MoonLove

MoonLove Member

I was asking to buy a house to live in. I’m not looking for any other IP as I already have a few commercial properties and I am satisfied with those, return is greater and all outgoings paid by the tenants.

I’ve lived in hoppers crossing all my life and I won’t move because the area has everything I need. So the only things I’m considering is should I stay and renovate, if not move and sell or rent out this current house.

Great that you think seabrook is good for investment, all the better for you if we don’t, less competition for you in the market.

4. equityma

Well you've done so well and this time you should look after your child.
    get the best school.
    do you know what's the best primary school in SW subburds?

5. MoonLove

MoonLove Member

I am not planning on sending my kids to public schools. The moment my son was born, I applied to the two private schools in the area, see which one will have a spot for him. If he is smart enough later on then there’s Suzanne Cory from year 9.

6. MoonLove

MoonLove Member

Does a primary school really make an area desirable? I thought people buy in to an area for its high schools.

7. equityma

there you go. you already know what to do then. you're in a hot spot so why moving?

the west doesn't offer good public shools and I don't think the federal/state governments will build more schools because they don't get enough revenues out of schools and hospitals but they get more revenues through housing that's why they spend more on infrastructures to push up houses prices.

actually if you live close to all amenities then it's a desirable area.

8. hieund85

A good primary school may make an area a bit more desirable, but not as much as with a good high school. I do not think best primary school is that important

9. hieund85

What private schools did you apply for your kids? Heathdale or Westbourne Grammar?

10. hieund85

If you like the area and do not want to move but want to have a bigger house, then you can either renovate your existing one (significant cost but you can get what you want) or buy a double storey one in the same estate. There are quite a few on sale atm.

11. MoonLove

MoonLove Member

Because I want to upsize for our growing family.

I applied for both, I think they both have a good reputation for primary school. Do you know much about either?

12. hieund85

Heathdale is good if you are Christian. Both school have good reputation. Cambridge primary school is also good.

13. hieund85

@sash , do you think Lara is a good place to invest now? I thought you are going to get out of the market, at least in Mel?

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nope....keeping all my babies in Melbourne...developing some near Ocean in Geelong ...they will be flips.

I will get out mostly in regional NSW..Adelaide...Perth..and some in Brissie when the cycle is at the optimum.

15. hieund85

So you still think Mel market is still ok to hold, at least better than Brissie, Adelaide and regional NSW? I saw people jumping into Adelaide, Brissie atm?

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

i dont know about other people but plan to hold for another cycle

hieund85 likes this.
  17. hieund85

18. LLKK

LLKK Member

Where could we find the information / confirmation regarding removal of new planning zone from the council?

19. hieund85

According to Wyndham city council website Housing and Neighbourhood Character Strategy | Wyndham City there is no more RGZ in Wyndham City council including Werribee. If you check on http://services.land.vic.gov.au/maps/pmo.jsp (check for Wyndham) and myWyndham | Connect. Interact. Discover. there is also no more RGZ. I am not sure what they will do with the properties which were bought high due to the proposed RGZ but now are only classified as GRZ with the min garden requirement.

Council considered a report on the Strategy at its Ordinary Meeting held on 5 December, 2017. Council resolved to:

1. Note the submissions received on the Housing and Neighbourhood Character Strategy
    2. A further report be provided to Council by mid 2018 that:
      1. Updates the Strategy to remove the Residential Growth Zone (and replace it with the General Residential Zone)
      2. Proposes new schedules to the General Residential Zone and Neighbourhood Residential Zone
      3. Updates the Housing analysis component of the Strategy
      4. Includes draft planning scheme documentation to implement the Strategy through a planning scheme amendment
    3. A further report be provided to Council on a draft priority list for preparing structure plans for Wyndham’s activity centres
    More details go to council meeting minutes Agenda of Ordinary Council Meeting - 5 December 2017

LLKK likes this.
  20. JProperty

JProperty Well-Known Member

Lions4Eva likes this.