NSW Wentworthville, Pendle Hill, Toongabbie - Suburbs on the Parramatta line

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Property Twins, 12th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Probably recent immigrants...who have never seen one cycle through..

This is definitely not sustainable...to quote a lady at work from an immigrant background...they think Sydney market will NEVER have a downturn. They have been here since 2009.....that says it all...

ashish1137 likes this.
  2. TroySeven

TroySeven Well-Known Member

I`ve been residing in Toongabbie for over 25 years now, `on the good side of the station`
    Watching the trends, Toongabbie has taken some low blow punches but also has had some great growth over time. Over the past 6 months in the area, Real Estate movement has been chaotic. Mainly due to large families pooling their funds together, renovating and flipping.

We have been approached by private investors to purchase our property but are not yet ready to let our PPOR go just yet. With the recent zoning changes, I`ll consider hanging on for another decade until we have some major spikes.

Since we are on the topic of the surrounding suburbs. Place yourselves in my portfolio, 857m2, 32m frontage, double brick, 2 storey 4 bed 3 bath 2 car and 4 min walk to station. Zoned R2, with across the road zoned R3. I`m happy to stay here for another 5-10 years. Servicing almost maxed out without being creative. What are my options?

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

32m frontage and a 4min walk to station?? Hold onto it! maybe consider developing it yourself with the help of a town planner. You are sitting on gold......

Property Twins and ashish1137 like this.
  4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I wouldn't sell either but if you can a lot money elsewhere, why not?

5. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

Its half way down the first page of this thread, @ZachAnsel posted it.

Interestingly the URL that points to the most recent copy of it on the gubmint website doesn't have all those roads on it.

6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Wow @MsAli

Good post. i am also very inclined to these areas.
    Since i am staying in westmead. But i cannot believe you forgot westmead. :eek:

When I had to move (my first time in Australia), it took me just a month to realise that I want to move in Westmead.
    • Best rated school on Western line.
    • Tier 2 station (not superfast but not slow either)
    • Serviced by station on one side and M4 and great western highway on another
    • Duplexes were selling at 1 mil+ at the peak. Still almost the same price.
    • 2 bedder apartments sold for540k to 580k (established stock, 650k for otp)
    • Houses on 700 sq mt blocks getting sold for nearly 1.5 mil.
    • All houses on great western highway and good street rezoned to high density (means apartments to me :)). Most of them have been sold to developers and a lot of apartments coming in future.
    • I reckon it will also impact the rentals in long term. The rentals are playing catchup now and have risen a lot in past 2 years.
    • More shops coming as well on Great Western Highway. Already existing small number on Hawkesbury Road and station road.
    • Parramatta park splits westmead and parramatta so plenty green space.
    • How can I forget the university and hospital . :D
    All in all, very good post and kudos to your knowledge.

Regards:)

Property Twins likes this.
  7. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@ashish1137 great post. I didn't add Westmead as usually I think it's more like Parramatta. Though agree it's one of the key 4 Parramatta satellite suburbs which have train.

Westmead is tightly held and it's rare you see much come on the market, in particular in the pocket south of the Hawkesbury Road....great feel to the area around there..

Believe, good prospects for these areas given how much is happening.

8. Property Twins

Agreed with Gockie.

That is gold.... i wouldn't let go if you don't need to.

M2 on one side, M4 on the other; blacktown and Parra westfields on either side.

35 min drive to the CBD via the M2. 15 min to Parra.

Westmead and Norwest hospitals 5 to 10 min drive away.

It is very well located.

Property Twins likes this.
  9. ha55sh

ha55sh Member

Hi @TadhgMor ,

I am a new member and i am keen on finding out a bit more around the map you have posted above.

Can you help?

Thanks

10. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

H
    G'day - sorry mate, haven't seen anything more about those new sub divisions. Interestingly the latest version of the map has that detail missing!

11. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    are you referring to Parramatta Marist?

12. 6eye

6eye New Member

I have lived in western sydney all my life. Pendle hill was good about 10 years ago, very multicultural, but unfortunately the shops have all been bought out and turned into a indian/sri lankan cuisine/take away shops. Last i counted there were 14 of these shops on pendle hill rd, how the hell do they compete with each other. Mannies Munchies has been in pendle hill for a long time, and she said the indians, and the sri lankans, ask her to sell every week, but she just said no.

It's a shame when you see all the shops and people you knew from your childhood just get up and leave. Most of my friends and their families have sold up and moved out to the gold coast. They said it's the best thing they have ever done, and it's not because of the heat, or the traffic, it's because of all the indians and sri lankans taking over the area. The units in pendle hill all smell like curry, that's not good for business. It's good to have a variety of cuisines, that was multiculturalism is all about, but that was 10 years ago. The chinese take away shops are going broke, because the ppl who buy their food, are moving out of the area. The area is too far gone, the government doesn't care. The samething is happening in wentworthville, toongabbie and seven hills.

My brother lives in port macquarie, and it's beautiful up there. I wish i had property or a business, i would sell quick smart and get the hell out of there, like everybody else is doing.

13. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Your post kind of explains why you don't have either :)

ashish1137 likes this.
  14. mpty

mpty Active Member

Any opinion here on neighbouring suburb of Constitution Hill?

15. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

That's going to be a very very large tax free windfall in the future.

16. Property Twins

IMO you can get better value in Pendle Hill & Toongabbie..

What draws you to Constitution Hill ?

17. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Westmead Public School