NSW Wentworthville, Pendle Hill, Toongabbie - Suburbs on the Parramatta line

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Property Twins, 12th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi Hugo - I will PM you

2. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

I thought there was some plans to reopen Wonderland? Haven't heard about a Disney Land though.

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Didn't they build wet and wild where wonderland use to be?

4. Nick Valsamis

Different location but not that far away.

5. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Thoughts on constitution hill? I've noticed quite a few properties have been bought by the dyldam family over the last couple of years.

6. House

House Well-Known Member

Will keep an eye out for you then, just moved to salubrious Rooty and will be catching the 6.06 or 6.22... Fun times! Every second house is a classic 'renovators delight' here

Partner works in Toony and can't even sit in the park without a couple of junkies coming up to her and asking for some money so sounds like it still has a while to go for gentrification but always best to get in early I suppose.

Jennifer Duke likes this.
  7. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Who knows what is happening with Disneyland Australia. I read up on it a fair bit a while back and basically it came down to Disney HQ not being able to determine a worthwhile projected profit margin. I.e. the feasibility just wasn't there for a low-population country like Australia. However, this was a few years back now, when the dollar was at parity.

With the dip in our dollar, funnily enough the Disneyland stories are back in the local news. Construction costs would be prohibitive for Disney - well right now anyway - but once all the apartments finish and the construction industry jobs slow down/dry up, it could become cheaper. If the dollar is still low then, who knows, Disney might see it to be worthwhile.

And lets not forget, Disney could of course charge that good old 'Australia tax' in their pricing anyway haha. You know, that whole "Sure, an entry ticket to Disneyland LA is $60, but... um... Disneyland AU entry needs to be $130... because.. um... oh yeah because the cost of doing business in Australia is.. um.. higher. So we need to charge more. Yeah."

8. Nick Valsamis

I don't see anything desirable about that suburb except for the proximity to Parramatta.

9. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Thats a good analysis. I wouldn't really consider Toongabie as close to Parramatta.

The trick with Parramatta is that two areas have done exceptionally well. The areas between Ryde and Parramatta and the areas between Hills and Parramatta because of their eastern and northern positions. Funnily enough Parramatta itself has not done as well as the suburbs above.

Although Wenty is close to Nelson's Ridge and Greystanes that have both been growth suburbs.

10. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

11. Property Twins

larrylarry likes this.
  12. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I grew up in Greystanes for some 20 years and had family in both Wenty & Pendle Hill.. In my opinion Greystanes is a much nicer suburb however has no train line, this has actually kept it a little tidier. Wenty and Pendle Hill have changed a lot over the years and all the local business have moved to indian style shops (groceries/ spice shops etc) with massive influx of apartments over the years coming into Wenty around Lane street & Pendle Hill also..

I moved out of the area and went back recently and felt the areas went a little down hill.. Girraween definitely has some nice streets getting closer to Toongabbie with house proud owner occupiers as does Greystanes.

There are some nice pockets of Toongabbie however avoid near Valeria street - lots of housing commission. Westmead is a good choice , great access to M4, Great western Highway & good trains, very close to Parramatta too.

pwt and Property Twins like this.
  13. Property Twins

14. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

$1.05 Million for half a duplex in Toongabbie?? Yikes! That to me does not seem remotely sustainable. I can't imagine the average household income in this suburb to be more than $150K (gross - so say $120K after tax).

At $120K take-home salary, that duplex would be a whopping 11.43 times their annual after-tax income!

How are locals seriously affording this stuff? Or are the Chinese cash-buyers significant in Toongabbie?

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Well it is probably more than 1 generation of sub-continent families pooling their resources.

I 100% agree this is not sustainable...as some else preluded ....it takes a few interest rate rises to being this undone.

16. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

Also Greystanes has....has...dare i say it...dare i say it...okay! I'll say it!!

An OC class (opportunity class) in Greystanes Public School!!!

(and we do know how crazy certain Asian communities like their OC and Selective classes!)

Disclaimer: i own an IP in Greystanes

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Parramatta High school has selective classes too. My colleague had been mad keen to try to buy in that catchment - his son is going into year 6 next year. If nothing else there's a chance to mix in with above average kids. But you have to look at the catchment carefully.

18. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

The catchments keep moving too. When I built in Pemulwuy that house was in Greystanes public catchment. Within 2 years the catchment narrowed significantly and we were out of zone.

19. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

I just found this thread and the map piqued my interest. I've cut out a section to make things clearer. badgeryscreek-dev-whats-this.png

See all those roads and subdivision ? - they don't exist yet!

A quick look around and I cant find any notice of land release other than Mulgoa Rise which is notionally at the top of the pic.

Interesting!

20. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Where did you find that map? I wouldn't mind having a look